Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

drug_cartel
03.17.2013 , 11:56 PM | #61
It ties to Race. My human, cyborg, twilek, and miralukan 50s all are Body Type 2, because it seems natural for them.

Sith Pureblood, I went with Body Type 3. It seemed way too freakishly tall for a human, but for a Sith, it seemed to complement that arrogance and smug superiority perfectly to always be looking down on people.

The only type 4 I've made was a Mirialan, and while I wish he was a bit more heavy at the midsection, my purpose was to keep him shirtless and slap a helmet on him to RP that he was a Gamorrean.

The only type 1 I've made was a Dark Side Human Male who was given the grey hair and aged face. I was actually surprised to see how many people interpret Type 1 as a Teen; I immediately thought Elderly. That degree of scrawny seems more Palpatine than Anakin.

09.25.2013 , 12:10 PM | #62
I always use 2 for my guys, 1 is to tiny, 3 is to bulky, 4 is...well,4 is just not practical for such a active lifestyle(to put it mildly) and I don't have any girls yet so I don't know about them.

Thorkir
09.25.2013 , 11:07 PM | #63
Males; 2 or 3, depending on the character.
Females; Always 3.
"All will be well."

Remianen
09.26.2013 , 07:48 PM | #64
Easy. All my girls are 4s (except for my She Hulk homage who is a 3. I make one in every game) and all my guys are 2. Well, except for one. When I hear 'Juggernaut', I think 'Cain Marko' (or, oddly, Mike Awesome) and there's only one male body type that comes close to that look.

I do admit to laughing out loud (really) when I see someone call female body type 4 "fat" or "overweight". Especially since there are tens of thousands of women paying good money to surgically get body parts that the type 4 has naturally.

Projawa
09.27.2013 , 01:41 PM | #65
Female: 2

Male: 2,3

VitalityPrime
09.27.2013 , 01:43 PM | #66
My only character is body type 2 male.

Also, female body type 4 is glorious.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

midianlord
09.28.2013 , 12:44 PM | #67
My toons are all male, and all type 2:

Distinctly fit, but still lean and elegantly put together.

If I rolled a fem-toon, then I would also pick 2 probably: The best "balanced" look IMHO (although type 3 is decently curvy. fem-type 4's hips and behind are much too wide for my tastes.).
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Helig
09.30.2013 , 03:04 AM | #68
Male characters:
Mainly 2, because I'm not a fan of the looks of a skinny teen (1), comic book hero (3), or comic book sub-villain (tiny legs, big arms, a bit of extra weight - looks like the average sub-boss. It also looks awkward - not the "fat person" awkward, but overall "thing that should not be" awkward).

There are exceptions, of course - my Vanguard is type 3, and I love how he looks. Seen plenty of male type 3 commandos, as well and they also look fan-bloody-tastic. Jedi - not so much. Knight's more technical animations look pretty clumsy with type 3. But I can totally dig type 3 Shadows. Barely resisted the urge to make a type 4 Shadow, speccing him Kinetic, just for the sake of the "He's so fat that he has his own asteroid belt" running joke.

Female characters:
Both, 1 and 2, for the following reasons:
- I like how most faces look with type 2 - both faces and animations seemed to have been made with type2 in mind;
- I like how armour (actual plating) looks on type 2 - formidable, but without losing femininity;
- I don't like how broad-chested type 2 is (not talking about the mammaries - the sheer span of the chest/shoulders, which is pretty evident with tighter gear, like classic Phantom); also, in case of unarmoured clothes, the breasts seem to be sticking out in a very silly manner.
- I like type 1's general proportioning (could use some extra meat though);
- I don't like how most faces get deformed with type 1;
- I don't like how awkward some animations seem with type.

As for types 3 and 4, not a fan of males with female features slapped on them (although I totally respect the choice of transgender individuals), and I really don't like how most faces work with type 4. To be quite honest, I haven't played a type 4 yet, so I cannot fully judge.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Kaedusz
09.30.2013 , 07:34 AM | #69
The perfect body type would be something between 2 and 3.But since 2 is too skinny and because i can't immerse properly-im closer to body type 3 in rl,i use only body type 3 for all my characters.
All my characters are male,again for immersion reasons.

Body type 1 is freaking teenager or some guy that suffers from chronic hunger all his life or is bulimic or anorexic.
Body type 4 is obviously too fat.

wainot-keel
09.30.2013 , 07:47 AM | #70
My only 2 male characters are bt 2. They work pretty nice.

Females I have two bt 2 (commando and jugg), one bt 3 (sorcerer), and four bt 4 (two agents, shadow, guardian). Yes, type 4 is my fave for females.
Though, the one I had some trouble with her looks is my sorc. Skirts arent her thing. So it's pants... but most of them are kinda like really tight things far from comfortable. I ended up buying some adaptive armor that seems was made for heavy armor users, like bounty hunters or juggs. Only stuff it looked decent on her.