Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Funniest line in game?

AlrikFassbauer
09.27.2013 , 04:20 AM | #1271
Quote: Originally Posted by Eislor View Post
Yup.
Smuggler has some good lines but Trooper, Knight and Consular, not so much.
Sad.Just another point for my "imperial faction favourism" theory.

Although ... My consular had a very good remark during his class quest on Alderaan ... When talking to that mercenary ...
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

DarthPrimus
10.10.2013 , 01:29 AM | #1272
A conversation heard between two Republic troops at Cresh Outpost on Hoth.

Troop 1: "Didn't see you at the mess hall last night. You missed out on some good eating. Boy, those Ortolans know how to cook. They made this tauntaun stew... ooh!"
Troop 2: "I'll stick with my field rations, thanks."
Troop 1: "I hear they're preparing something special tomorrow. Don't know how you make a wampa taste good, but if anyone can do it..."
Troop 2 (Sounding like he's getting sick): "Seriously, stop."
Troop 1: "Hey, I figure after all the troops they've been munching on, it'll be nice to finally return the favor."

Some of the best lines in game aren't in cutscene dialogues, but in the random conversations you pass by out in the world...
"If somebody wants to kill you with a knife, you won’t save
yourself by closing your eyes. You survive by fighting for your
life. And that is what you will do now."

bionamaster
10.10.2013 , 03:59 PM | #1273
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPrimus View Post
A conversation heard between two Republic troops at Cresh Outpost on Hoth.

Troop 1: "Didn't see you at the mess hall last night. You missed out on some good eating. Boy, those Ortolans know how to cook. They made this tauntaun stew... ooh!"
Troop 2: "I'll stick with my field rations, thanks."
Troop 1: "I hear they're preparing something special tomorrow. Don't know how you make a wampa taste good, but if anyone can do it..."
Troop 2 (Sounding like he's getting sick): "Seriously, stop."
Troop 1: "Hey, I figure after all the troops they've been munching on, it'll be nice to finally return the favor."

Some of the best lines in game aren't in cutscene dialogues, but in the random conversations you pass by out in the world...
Another one on Hoth (paraphrasing a bit)

Soldier 1 (who is Body Type 1): Brr....so cold.....
Soldier 2 (who is Body Type 4): Eh, it isn't so bad.
Soldier 1: Yeah, but you've got all that....extra padding.
Soldier 2: What's that supposed to mean?
Solder 1 (hastily): Don't listen to me. Just the cold talking.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Canavet
10.11.2013 , 10:35 AM | #1274
I just came across one of the most comical responses in the game. I was at the inauguration of Tai Cordon and after he accepts the Presidency... My charcter is given the choice to say a few words. The option I chose was the Jedi proverb and Tai's response was truely funny. Everyone looks at my character scratching their heads and Tai says "I'm sure we all feel... enriched by that."

My question is does anyone know what response there is to the other two options of "The future is yours" and "Don't screw this up".

StarMagus
10.11.2013 , 10:45 AM | #1275
I really liked the line from my Sith Inq.

During the training your rival is sent to the library to translate books and you are sent into a monster filled pit. The wheel was something like "I prefer fighting to going to the library." and my character said something to the effect of...

"Being trapped in a library translating old texts? Yawn."

The fact that my character told the trainer who is trying to kill them off... "Yawn" had me laughing.

shortchick
10.12.2013 , 12:19 AM | #1276
Funniest line for me is from Andronikos' marriage proposal

Spoiler

I laughed so hard I was crying.

thatPERSON
10.12.2013 , 01:50 AM | #1277
my favorite one so far comes from the smuggler on balmorra. this conversation is in the last cutscene there.
not sure what was said before hand though

Smuggler: "Its so hard to be humble, knowing how great i am."

Xakthul
10.12.2013 , 05:13 AM | #1278
For the SW or the Smuggler (I forgot which, lol) there's smething along the lines of "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

MisterAltairy
10.12.2013 , 07:14 AM | #1279
This one made me fall of my chair instantly, comes from the Sith Warrior Story on Dromund Kaas

Dri'kill Ba'al: And after a year undercover, I've discovered the way--Lord Gratham has a son!
Sith Warrior: Maybe in another year you can find out his shoe size.

I died

Nivek_Sivad
10.12.2013 , 08:24 PM | #1280
*Is hunting a target on Taris*
Sev: *Investigating supply crate*
Mako: Oh! I think I found a track...Oh wait, that's yours.

-FIVE MINUTES LATER-

*Goes farther down the trail to finding the target, finds blood stained food sacks*
Mako: Boss, is...is that blood?!