Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People who haven't seen the SW movies yet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
People who haven't seen the SW movies yet

plotenox
09.15.2013 , 10:34 PM | #1
OK now this is something that's just weird to me and i think it's time for me to say it. Some months ago I was in a group with some random players doing a flashpoint I think. I forgot what flashpoint it was but after we finished it we had a small chat about a few things. I can't remember what we talked about exactly but what really got me was that one of them said that he plays this game yet he has never watched the Star Wars movies. I was like this I couldn't believe it, I mean I was so surprised I just couldn't believe it. I thought "How can you play this and not know the Star Wars trilogies?!?!". I was thinking of asking him this but I think he already left the group,and then we split and went our separate ways.

Since then he was the only person I knew and met who hasn't seen the SW movies and I still could not believe it.
And then last night,in the Harbinger server I think, I was in the republic fleet reading the general chat and someone mentioned the same thing. He said he met a guy who plays this game as well yet hasn't seen the SW movies either. I thought is that the same guy or was that someone else? Well I wouldn't have known anyway but it got me thinking.

Do you guys know anybody who plays SWTOR yet hasn't seen the SW movies?
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sith Inquisitor:Riper Server:The Razor Trooper:Plaxon Server:The Harbinger

AlexDougherty
09.16.2013 , 03:29 AM | #2
Well you don't really have to know the ms to play this game, since it's set so far before them.

But how had he managed to never see the films??, it Britian they are played three or four times a year (four times already this year and christmas still to come).
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Thylbanus
09.16.2013 , 03:59 AM | #3
I go to a club and at the end of the night they end with something silly and playful. One night they played the theme to the "Muppet Show" We all got silly and one blond girl was looking at us like we were crazy. Finally I hear her say, "What the hell is everyone so excited about?" My first impulse, was "HA! Dumb blond."

Then I thought, she just hasn't been exposed. Well some people are coddled, over-protected, and or forbidden due to belief structure from watching such things. Well, I went out and immediately bought the first three seasons of the Muppets. My kids love them. Got the boxed set of "Fraggle Rock", too.

And yes, of course my kids have seen ALL of the Star Wars movies, plus the Clone Wars series. They actually really like the Clone Wars.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Maqeurious
09.25.2013 , 04:49 AM | #4
Personally, I've seen the original movies a number of times but not the latest 3 in a very long time. I actually can't remember anything about them except it shows how Vader came to be, Jake the Muss was Jango Fett and of course... Jarjar.

I've never played all the way through KOTOR and have never even started KOTOR 2. Never read any of the books either. In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise.

But I love this game. It wasn't my intention to play longer then a week while I was waiting for GW2 to release, but here I am still while GW2 gathers dust on my shelf.

There must be something wrong with me

CaptMichael
09.26.2013 , 02:27 PM | #5
one person on my server was asking in general chat where he could find the "glow sticks" and then ppl began to reply saying he meant lightsabers and then somebody asked him if he had ever watch any of the movies. he said no , many people were shocked. One of my guildies told me a few days later that she has only seen esp 3.
Michaell, Mykels, Dirty'Dan
Kil-roy, Mikels, Kilroy-jr, Mikells
GM of PvPness
Dreshdae Cantina---->Shadowlands

Slightrider
09.30.2013 , 10:53 AM | #6
Lies....you're being played, everybody has seen Star Wars.

Everybody.
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

psandak
09.30.2013 , 11:22 AM | #7
Recently on facebook, a friend of mine posted: http://www.listchallenges.com/100-ba...demy?ref=share. Notice the first three movies . And yes, when making a list of the most well known movies of all time, Star Wars is up there.

But, there are many gamers out there who do not count themselves as "nerds" and SW:ANH is pushing 40. My point is that those in the youngest generation who play this game, might honestly have never seen the OT, or the PT for that matter. They play this game because it is an MMO based in a Sci-Fi realm nothing more, nothing less.