Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cassus Fett's Armor and the Pursuer's Bounty Pack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cassus Fett's Armor and the Pursuer's Bounty Pack
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.24.2013 , 02:25 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Cassus Fett's Armor coming out in the Pursuer's Bounty Pack on Thursday and an issue relating to Collections. There are multiple pieces to the Cassus Fett set, one of which is the belt. When the pack goes live on Thursday, the belt will not be required to complete the set in your Collections. (This is a bug, keep reading!)

The belt not being required for Collections will be fixed in Game Update 2.4 on October 1st. What this means is this:
  • Between Thursday 9/26 and Tuesday 10/1, you can complete the Collection of Cassus Fett's armor without the belt.
  • If you do not complete the Collection by 10/1, the belt will now be required to do so.
  • Note that if you complete the Collection by 10/1, after 2.4 hits if you pull the Collected set down from Collections, it will now correctly have the belt. Basically if you have interest in collecting the set, try to do it before Tuesday! Our bug will make it one step easier for you
Hopefully that makes sense! Let me know if you have any questions. It is still intended that 2.4 will hit on 10/1, the dates above will move if the release date for 2.4 changes.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eitetsu
09.24.2013 , 02:33 PM | #2
How very interesting.

Don't do it, peeps! It's a trap! Eric is trying to trick you into using an "exploit!"
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Wei▀reiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

JattaGin
09.24.2013 , 02:40 PM | #3
So, there is a bug. And you know about it already now before the upcoming patch. But you don't patch it right away. Instead you wait for the follow-up patch.

OK, where is the catch?

Jenovan
09.24.2013 , 02:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
So, there is a bug. And you know about it already now before the upcoming patch. But you don't patch it right away. Instead you wait for the follow-up patch.

OK, where is the catch?
2.4 is the next patch -- I don't believe there's any maintenance involved in adding the new packs to the Market.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Brewski
09.24.2013 , 02:50 PM | #5
Bravo for trying to get ahead of the curve on this one. It's great to see this.

Benfynyn
09.24.2013 , 02:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Cassus Fett's Armor coming out in the Pursuer's Bounty Pack on Thursday and an issue relating to Collections. There are multiple pieces to the Cassus Fett set, one of which is the belt. When the pack goes live on Thursday, the belt will not be required to complete the set in your Collections. (This is a bug, keep reading!)

The belt not being required for Collections will be fixed in Game Update 2.4 on October 1st. What this means is this:
  • Between Thursday 9/26 and Tuesday 10/1, you can complete the Collection of Cassus Fett's armor without the belt.
  • If you do not complete the Collection by 10/1, the belt will now be required to do so.
  • Note that if you complete the Collection by 10/1, after 2.4 hits if you pull the Collected set down from Collections, it will now correctly have the belt. Basically if you have interest in collecting the set, try to do it before Tuesday! Our bug will make it one step easier for you
Hopefully that makes sense! Let me know if you have any questions. It is still intended that 2.4 will hit on 10/1, the dates above will move if the release date for 2.4 changes.

-eric
Thanks for the heads up Eric! Also, pass my thanks on to whoever decision it was to NOT delay the pack release.

Additionally, I just want to add that I'm glad you guys took this approach instead of a) not mentioning it prior to the release and b) labeling it an exploit and punishing those that would capitalized on the bug. This is a much more customer friendly approach to a fluff item bug than most would expect.

Well done sir.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Alec_Fortescue
09.24.2013 , 03:49 PM | #7
They want peeps to buy more packs and they use one of the most asked-for sets as a leverage.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Reno_Tarshil
09.24.2013 , 03:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
They want peeps to buy more packs and they use one of the most asked-for sets as a leverage.
Well considering I wanted more mando armor. I'll take what I can get. :P

Sam_Skyrunner
09.24.2013 , 05:24 PM | #9
Cassus Fett's armor is going to be a very expensive item, now that you can dye it black.

NogueiraA
09.24.2013 , 05:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam_Skyrunner View Post
Cassus Fett's armor is going to be a very expensive item, now that you can dye it black.
Amazing, one of the best armors in the game if you be able to dye it.
Beta tester/Shadowlands.