Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Mobile Security Key app for Windows Phone 7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
SWTOR Mobile Security Key app for Windows Phone 7?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

marck
08.08.2013 , 08:52 PM | #131
I really want a Mobile Securty app for my WP7 Lumia

teitzhs
08.21.2013 , 12:01 PM | #132
Yes BW what gives? We're asking for that application for over a year and got nothing in return. Plus the physical security key isn't still available for every country in EU. Give us an answer.

ramscoop
08.27.2013 , 10:21 AM | #133
I must join the quest for a reply to this. I think one should not underestimate Windows Phone (7 or 8), seeing also that Blackberry seems to be on decline according to a cnn report (http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/...one-shipments/) and Windows Phone rises to 3rd place among smartphone OS'es.

I recently turned to Lumia 925 and Windows Phone 8, and while it has BattleNet authenticator and Windows authenticator that works with live.com, gmail.com and with guildwars 2, I still need the Android device, but only for unlocking SWTOR.

I really look forward to good news on this issue.

cosmicguru
09.24.2013 , 04:58 AM | #134
One more jining the cause. Make it happen we want Mobile Security Key App for Windows Phone!!!!!!!!!!!!
May the force be with ... me !

bthresher
09.26.2013 , 10:47 AM | #135
Being a Microsoft employee, I can tell you we have groups over here that play and a lot of us are grumbling for the security key app for the phone! You can't tell us it would take too long or a huge amount of resources to make. Windows phone teams have been more than willing to help. Come on, enough with the excuses and silence, give us our app!
Bob

Glowrod
09.26.2013 , 11:29 AM | #136
http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Pre...r_Market_Share

Android = 51.8% market share
Apple = 40.4%
Blackberry = 4.3%
Windows = 3%

Is it really worth it to support windows phones?

VIP Lounge Member

teitzhs
09.30.2013 , 08:24 AM | #137
Hmmmm, yeah???

There are some subscribers that want this application. So if you add the fact that BW refuses to provide the physical security key to every country, then yes I think that they should just write the code and make it available to the WP community.

Alikont
10.26.2013 , 11:44 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Glowrod View Post
Is it really worth it to support windows phones?
This is not stats for SWTOR players. And as this thread shows, there are a lot of people who pay money and can't get this simple thing. This application is a matter of one week to develop if you familiar with XAML.

Glowrod
10.29.2013 , 08:21 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Alikont View Post
This is not stats for SWTOR players. And as this thread shows, there are a lot of people who pay money and can't get this simple thing. This application is a matter of one week to develop if you familiar with XAML.
I completely understand. BUT, you CHOSE to buy a phone that has 3% market share and hardly anyone makes apps for. You clearly didn't have app support in mind when you bought that microsoft ... uh ... product. So now you are going to cry because you can't get apps for it? Seems the proper solution is to buy an Android or Apple device if apps are so important to you.

Also, just because someone has the job title of Developer doesn't mean that they know every platform out there. BW probably doesn't have someone on staff that is familiar with development on a Windows Phone. At the company I work for, we have 2 devs that know Android, 1 that knows Apple, and none that know Blackberry or Microsoft phones. If we want to support those platforms, we need to hire someone else, and that costs money.

VIP Lounge Member

SlimSanta
11.05.2013 , 02:10 PM | #140
I cannot order a physical security (living in norway) and having windows phone now after my SIII broke I currently have no option of using any security key.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE! (although I love the game...xD)
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men To Do Nothing...