Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible GTN Hack or Bug with crafted relics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Possible GTN Hack or Bug with crafted relics

elitenz
09.16.2013 , 01:54 PM | #1
I noticed something really strange on The Red Eclipse server 1 seller on the GTN had multiple copies of Underworld relics but they all had the original crafters name off the item the thing that got alarm bells ringing was " Underworld Relic of Ephemeral Mending " this item had never been placed on the gtn in the past on any server that i moniter so it was nice to see something new. But why would a person who crafts something move off the server when they just got the schematic this just seems a bit fishy.

Possible reasons behind this are
1. GTN was bugged at the time of viewing ( Checked again over 12hrs later and still the same result )
2. Original crafter has been deleted or moved to another server within 2 days of learning a new relic
3. Some hack or an inside job on getting these relics produced in away that's against the TOC.

Screenshot provided but I have removed the crafters name due to you're not allowed to show player names on the forums.

http://www.swtor.co.nz/gtnbug.jpg

oofalong
09.16.2013 , 02:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
I noticed something really strange on The Red Eclipse server 1 seller on the GTN had multiple copies of Underworld relics but they all had the original crafters name off the item the thing that got alarm bells ringing was " Underworld Relic of Ephemeral Mending " this item had never been placed on the gtn in the past on any server that i moniter so it was nice to see something new. But why would a person who crafts something move off the server when they just got the schematic this just seems a bit fishy.

Possible reasons behind this are
1. GTN was bugged at the time of viewing ( Checked agan over 12hrs later and still the same result )
2. Original crafter has been deleted or moved to another server within 2 days of learning a new relic
3. Some hack or an inside job on getting these relics produced in away that's against the TOC.

Screenshot provided but I have removed the crafters name due to you're not allowed to show player names on the forums.

http://www.swtor.co.nz/gtnbug.jpg
I think the more likely scenario is the crafter's name changed. I don't know how this works with the cartel rename options, but back in June 2012 with the first round of server merges my equipped relics had the same text. I was told this was due to character renames.
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

elitenz
09.16.2013 , 02:18 PM | #3
time will tell but most times the items will change with the name change like the implants I have crafted my new name will show on those items as they have done in the past.

EvgenijM
09.24.2013 , 01:55 AM | #4
These are items from another server. People bring them for sale from another server, transferring characters.
Same thing could happen if the person moved his character from the server. The name will reappear when character will be brought back to his home server.

When crafter changes his/her name it also changes on all his crafts. So relics and other crafted items have ID of the character on them, and not the name itself. They always display current name of the crafter.