Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One Time Passcode and Error 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
One Time Passcode and Error 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elhanan
09.21.2013 , 05:54 PM | #21
The CS Droid recommended making out one of these threads, so this is to insure it is seen. Same problems with Error 9000, though the Error 4001 CTD's are not quite as frequent. However, the disconnects make even short game sessions to complete Space Missions problematic. Pls help.

P.S. Is there any possibility this is a Sound problem? With the reverberations heard on load screens and effects, I was curious if these were somehow linked. I am Techless, but seem to recall Skyrim having a sound issue that caused CTD; still have sound configured to those settings.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Lordshmee
09.21.2013 , 09:18 PM | #22
I am also being plagued with error 9000 disconnects - they started happening after the latest patch. It's maddening. There seems to be no rhyme or reason - they happen all over the game. Transitioning from ship to planet, in the open world (any world), etc. I hope you find out what is happening because this is making me want to drop my sub. I can't play like this. Tonight I died no less than 5 times due to disconnect during combat.

I do not have this issue in other online games and as noted this started happening after I downloaded the latest patch.

OwenBrooks
09.21.2013 , 09:27 PM | #23
Error 9000 is a generic error, if it is game file related which is possible.

First thing to do is remove and re-add exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the Anti-virus/firewall lists, the game update can confuse some AV/Firewalls into not recognizing the exception anymore.

If that doesn't help, Run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog) , if you have the letters ST on the launcher you will need to delete the Bitraider folder instead when the launcher is closed to initiate a repair.

Delete the file called DiskCacheArena (game cache file) as well.

Elhanan
09.22.2013 , 02:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Error 9000 is a generic error, if it is game file related which is possible.

First thing to do is remove and re-add exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the Anti-virus/firewall lists, the game update can confuse some AV/Firewalls into not recognizing the exception anymore.

If that doesn't help, Run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog) , if you have the letters ST on the launcher you will need to delete the Bitraider folder instead when the launcher is closed to initiate a repair.

Delete the file called DiskCacheArena (game cache file) as well.
FWIW - Cannot use the Repair function on the Launcher; does not activate.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.22.2013 , 12:07 PM | #25
OK; my failing eyes finally noticed that small ST on the launcher, so I deleted the file mentioned, and the Launcher appeared to update. However, the Repair function is still inactive, and the Error 9000's keep a coming....

Thanks to all for the helpful tips; pls continue as this is rather frustrating. While I was able to get a fairly lengthy session in last night with my Trooper, today I still am getting booted fairly often.
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.22.2013 , 04:50 PM | #26
Error 9000 still occurring, and CS Droids keep directing me to the tips I have already tried; also remind me to check here. Pls help and advise.
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

OwenBrooks
09.23.2013 , 01:17 AM | #27
First use this see if it helps - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

try a clean boot - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 see if the time to error 9000 lengthens

One way to test if it is net related is to try a free 30 day trail of a VPN www.wtfast.com and www.reducethelag.com both offer free trails

Use if for a few days and see if it makes any difference to the error 9000 occurring.

Elhanan
09.23.2013 , 11:53 AM | #28
Am working with my ISP to try and see if this might be related to wiring, filters, etc. It seems they have a record of all the disconnects, and it goes far back; beyond re-subbing SWTOR. I hope to get this resolved soon.

Silver lining: am now fairly proficient at all the lower and mid-lvl Space Missions due to intended practice and forced replays.

P.S. Thanks for all the tips! Perhaps these will also be of use for others having sim problems.

Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.23.2013 , 06:56 PM | #29
OK; it seems that my ISP had set my modem to re-boot every 20 min or so when it was serviced at some point. This appears to be the source of the Error 9000 msg's. While I am glad somebody was finally able to solve the problem, I am a little peeved that it took so long for someone there so long to see it.

Thanks for your patience and aid getting the other problems solved! Shiny!
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
10.02.2013 , 08:56 AM | #30
I had another brief disconnection problem the other day, but the past tips were enough to solve the issue. But this does leave me with a question: Why does deleting the file called DiskCacheArena (game cache file) help this problem, as it seemed to be a factor in my latest solution?

Thanks!
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11