Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag build up to DC

Qrysis
09.23.2013 , 05:07 PM | #1
I was playing today for a couple of hours when suddenly my server lag started to climb.
I have tried resetting modem and restarting computer. I also deleted the DiskCacheArena file as suggested on the forums. i normally ping around 100-122 on WC server (the Bastion) but now my server lag steadily climbs over a couple of minutes until it goes redx. It is hitting over 100k MS server lag. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RoriBeedm
09.23.2013 , 05:15 PM | #2
There are several other threads regarding this issue. I discovered that the West Coast servers are running through the ISP Above.net which is confirmed to have major packet loss issues and connection loss issues.
Squadron 11-11-11
Never Forget

Qrysis
09.23.2013 , 05:26 PM | #3
Ok thanks for the response. I ran a tracert and saw one server was not responding., that must be it.

Qrysis
09.23.2013 , 05:31 PM | #4
Is there some way to work around this or do i have to wait for them to address it?

Elminster_cs
09.23.2013 , 05:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Qrysis View Post
Is there some way to work around this or do i have to wait for them to address it?
If you don't have already try, change DNS or flush it.
Bests
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild. "More Juicy Soon™" but all require: "Too much coding" or it cause "too much performance issues" so you will not get it. The new BW release policy.
RIP PvP.

RoriBeedm
09.23.2013 , 05:35 PM | #6
Unfortunately, since it's impossible to force our connections to bypass Bioware's ISP there isn't much we can do until Bioware either changes ISPs or talks to Above.net and figures out what's going on that's causing us to have lousy connections.
Squadron 11-11-11
Never Forget

NicAX
09.23.2013 , 05:45 PM | #7
Proxy services like http://www.wtfast.com/ (30 day free trial) may help to take routes that bypass the problem hop.

RoriBeedm
09.23.2013 , 06:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NicAX View Post
Proxy services like http://www.wtfast.com/ (30 day free trial) may help to take routes that bypass the problem hop.
They would in most cases, but the problem hop in this case is one of the first two servers from Bioware's server. What that boils down to is it's either the Above.net location that Bioware's server is connecting to directly (No way around it) or it's Above.net's next routing station over. Both are controlled by the same company and can't be bypassed by proxy servers. Those two stations route data from my connection in Canada and a friend's connection in Houston, Texas.

About the only people who could possibly avoid it would be people who live in the same city as the server farm and they could only avoid it if the problem isn't within the location Bioware is directly connected to.
Squadron 11-11-11
Never Forget