Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency explosion during login

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Latency explosion during login
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elminster_cs
09.20.2013 , 09:41 AM | #61
I have done a fresh install, nothing work, same as always.
Bests
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Elminster_cs
09.23.2013 , 06:15 AM | #62
Bump because is not fixed, same problem, same things.

Elminster_cs
09.23.2013 , 03:58 PM | #63
UPDATE:

- I just log in and check my download rate and it is 200b/sec (without the "k")
- I try to open the facebook page when swtor was open and the connection goes up to 900Kb/sec
- I try to log in, from here of course, with my girlfriend account and the download rate is 200Kb/sec or more.

NOTE: It is NOT a port issue, because the port, i check it, was the same: the 20059 and the 20060.
You are blocking in some way my account, it CAN'T be on my side, there is something that drop my connection from there just with my account and just on Red Eclipse

It is not possible that with your game i go at 200b/sec, just with my account and just with that server.
What is blocking me? 2 weeks and nothing.
I have to surrender and give up?

Oh and please fire:
Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark).

That instead of reply he always do a copy/paste answer. Dave and Andy are great person, at least they read.

RoriBeedm
09.23.2013 , 04:53 PM | #64
As I posted on the Massive Latency thread, the EU server is run through an ISP that World of Tanks players have been complaining about for quite some time. Bioware's ISPs for the US East and West coast as well as Europe are widely known for massive packet loss, ridiculous connection issues, and complete unreliability.

Until such time as Bioware can change ISPs for their servers there is nothing that can be done to improve the stability of the game at peak hours.
Squadron 11-11-11
Never Forget

Elminster_cs
09.23.2013 , 05:00 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by RoriBeedm View Post
As I posted on the Massive Latency thread, the EU server is run through an ISP that World of Tanks players have been complaining about for quite some time. Bioware's ISPs for the US East and West coast as well as Europe are widely known for massive packet loss, ridiculous connection issues, and complete unreliability.

Until such time as Bioware can change ISPs for their servers there is nothing that can be done to improve the stability of the game at peak hours.
You right, but it is unacceptable that i start lagging one day, when I was able to play 2 weeks ago. I was only doing the same things, have the legacy grow too big? My collection maybe? I don't care, I'm paying for anything. And just same replay, always the same.

My jitter and my download is INSANE with my account and that server. Incredible thay can't do anything.
You don't find something for the lag, you loose player, as easy as that. Near two years of playing, 90 days left of my subscription and I can't play, yeah gg.

Elminster_cs
09.24.2013 , 11:45 AM | #66
UDATE:

I have just "ping -t"
the swtor EU server and i can't get any response, all time out.
But if i ping google.it all is fine is this normal?
If i ping the US server I don't have any problem too..

Answer please.

Merenhail
09.24.2013 , 01:09 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
UDATE:

I have just "ping -t"
the swtor EU server and i can't get any response, all time out.
But if i ping google.it all is fine is this normal?
If i ping the US server I don't have any problem too..

Answer please.
It seems blocked from EU server in some way!

Elminster_cs
09.24.2013 , 02:55 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Merenhail View Post
It seems blocked from EU server in some way!
yeah, how can be that i can't ping the EU server but i can ping the US one??

Custumer service? Can you confirm this?

Elminster_cs
09.24.2013 , 04:06 PM | #69
I'm actually in game with the ping -t working underground.

I'm ALWAYS able to ping and play (without packet loss) on US server.
I'm NOT ABLE to play on EU server (most of the time Red Eclipse) and this is reflected by the ping in the CDM command and I see the it start to loose packet. When the ping is fine i can play well, most of the time when is night time (12 AM GMT +1), but when the server have more people i start to get "banned"and loose packet.
Is YOUR provider fault, because this don't happen with the US servers!!!

Jacks-mask
09.25.2013 , 02:49 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
I'm actually in game with the ping -t working underground.

I'm ALWAYS able to ping and play (without packet loss) on US server.
I'm NOT ABLE to play on EU server (most of the time Red Eclipse) and this is reflected by the ping in the CDM command and I see the it start to loose packet. When the ping is fine i can play well, most of the time when is night time (12 AM GMT +1), but when the server have more people i start to get "banned"and loose packet.
Is YOUR provider fault, because this don't happen with the US servers!!!
*Bump*.

Hopefully BioWare actually start sorting out this server isse that effects a lot of players. Change the ISP and whatnot, this just needs to be solved.