Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Jedi Knights : Jedi Shadows :: Mages : Warlocks (Burning crusade)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Are Jedi Knights : Jedi Shadows :: Mages : Warlocks (Burning crusade)?

JFrombaugh
09.22.2013 , 03:22 PM | #1
For those of you who play or have played WoW, I just found this really comprehensive article about the famous rivalry between Mages and Warlocks back in the Burning Crusade era.
http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/03/15/ar...arlocks-drain/

Sadly, from what I've been hearing, this reminds me a LOT of what seems to be going on now with the Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin in RotHC.

The general consensus abut Shadows/Assassins seems to be that:
1. Their "spikiness" is a huge liability because of how many fights are designed to capitalize on it as a weakness - to the point that they can effectively be replaced by a Guardian Tank.
2. Right now their DPS isn't good enough - even factoring in Spinning Strike/Assassinate not being usable on dummies. Jedi Sentinels/Sith Marauders have eclipsed them as the new kings of melee DPS.
3. All I seem to hear about Shadows/Assassins in PvP right now is how much they suck (at least non Kinetic/Darkness).

Of course, in these kinds of situations, it's often difficult to separate fact from fiction (or exaggeration). So, would you say the stereotype is true, that in almost every meaningful facet of the game, Jedi Sentinels/Guardians are absolutely owning Shadows/Assassins? Are Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors Nintendo, and Consulars/Inquisitors Sega? Is it only a matter of time before Consulars start making crappy Sonic games for the Wii?

Ugolino
09.22.2013 , 03:28 PM | #2
1. Don't speak of Knights different classes as a cohesive blob. Sent DPS, Guardian DPS, and Guardian Tanks are in very different places.

2. Shadows are just fine and dandy in PVP, at least for 1v1.

AlrikFassbauer
09.23.2013 , 06:51 AM | #3
In 1v1, they're good, especially during the Gree event. People LOVE to gank with them.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)