Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

highest quality modifications gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
highest quality modifications gear?

CarlosTrevisan
09.20.2013 , 09:56 AM | #1
Hi, ive hit lvl 55 and im still using quality 25 gear that ive purchased on lvl 50 on Makeb mods vendors on fleet (using planetary coms). Ive already gatered some Coms doing Daylies (section X, cz198, Belsavis, Black Hole) and ill start to upgrade my gear.
Ive read a bit and gatered some info about classic coms, lvl 55 gear, but i still have some doubts:

1)the higest quality modification gear of ALL GAME its quality 33, that ONLY DROPS from certain bosses (cant be buyed or crafted), right?

2) the higest quality modification gear that can be buyable using Coms on vendors or Crafted (and buyed on GTN) its quality 31, right?

3) ive seen on GTN quality 31 modifications. They cost more than 1,2mil (at least the armor plating might ones that ive checked). These are overpriced or the values are close to rality?
SWTOR: A single use Color Dye costs the same as the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion
-RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL: you have: *increased level Cap; *New Skills; *acess to new gear; *expand your Star Wars Saga; *Access to new Elder Game Content; *uncover new devices
-Black and Black Dye Color you can: *paint the torso of an armor

psandak
09.20.2013 , 11:19 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlosTrevisan View Post
Hi, ive hit lvl 55 and im still using quality 25 gear that ive purchased on lvl 50 on Makeb mods vendors on fleet (using planetary coms). Ive already gatered some Coms doing Daylies (section X, cz198, Belsavis, Black Hole) and ill start to upgrade my gear.
Ive read a bit and gatered some info about classic coms, lvl 55 gear, but i still have some doubts:

1)the higest quality modification gear of ALL GAME its quality 33, that ONLY DROPS from certain bosses (cant be buyed or crafted), right?

2) the higest quality modification gear that can be buyable using Coms on vendors or Crafted (and buyed on GTN) its quality 31, right?

3) ive seen on GTN quality 31 modifications. They cost more than 1,2mil (at least the armor plating might ones that ive checked). These are overpriced or the values are close to rality?
1) correct only through thr toughest versions of level 55 operations can you get grade 33 stuff.
2) correct grade 31 is available for ultimate comms or crafted. However, the mods from ultimate comms gear is poor with regard to stat distribution. For most class and specs only one or two of the "verpine" gear have what would be considered good stat distribution. Underworld gear has equivalent grade mods but the stats are generally better. But underworld gear is only available by token from top end operations.
3) 1.2 million is on the cheap side. They range from 1.1 to 1.7 million each. The reason for this is that one of the materials (mass manipulation generator) is only available through top end raiding, another material is only available through purchase using basic comms (isotope-5), and a third is a drop off 55HMFP final and bonus bosses (exotic element equalizer). And they are required in a ratio of 1:5:5 AND you need ten of each of the grade 9 scavenging materials. You can sometimes save a couple hundred thousand credits by purchasing the materials and then finding someone to craft it for you in the general chat on fleet (they generally have pre-mades and will simply trade you mats for a finished product).

Bstr
09.20.2013 , 11:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlosTrevisan View Post

Did a quick search on TOR Head for endgame lvl 55 armorings: http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/...reqlevel/55-55
  1. Until 2.4 comes out, the highest Mods are of quality 33 (Rating 174.) In the past, BioWare has not allowed the top tier of armor to be crafted. These mods seem to only drop on Nightmare mode Operations.
  2. The next highest gear is quality 31 (Rating 174.) This gear can be reverse engineered and crafted. According to the official guide at http://www.swtor.com/info/eldergame, these can be bought with Ultimate Commendations and are drops off of Hard Mode Operations.
  3. I don't know a good price for these mods. My guess is that they are very expensive, since they require players to do the content, get the reward, and then take a chance at reverse engineering them to get the schematics.
  4. HOWEVER, the above will change in early October with 2.4 coming out. The new gear will have a quality of 35 (Rating 176.) My guess is that 33 mods will start to be crafted and start to lower the price of 31 mods.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

CarlosTrevisan
09.20.2013 , 06:45 PM | #4
Thanks gor the info guys! And didint know about the diferences that exists inside the quality 31 gear (stats distribution).

Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
[...][*]HOWEVER, the above will change in early October with 2.4 coming out. The new gear will have a quality of 35 (Rating 176.) My guess is that 33 mods will start to be crafted and start to lower the price of 31 mods.[/LIST]
Oh God. Ive spent major part of my economies (4,5mil) aquiring 3 armor plates quality 31... so maybe they will became cheaper and they will start to make better ones in a month... at least i can start farming better gear until there.

Really thanks for the info guys
SWTOR: A single use Color Dye costs the same as the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion
-RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL: you have: *increased level Cap; *New Skills; *acess to new gear; *expand your Star Wars Saga; *Access to new Elder Game Content; *uncover new devices
-Black and Black Dye Color you can: *paint the torso of an armor