Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One Time Passcode and Error 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 08:35 AM | #1
I have been having several Error 9000 disconnects on Jedi Covenant, which have been reported, as well as noted here on someone else's thread on that issue. Then this morning, the One Time Passcodes have stopped suddenly, which is multiply problematic as I was disconnected; now I cannot access the server at all. Pls help soon....

P.S. One of the past Codes was finally sent, but well after the request to play was initialized. Am now waiting on the next one; has been over 5 minutes thus far. FYI
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 08:59 AM | #2
After closing the Launcher sometime between 10-15 minutes, the prior request came thru upon re-launching the game.

It is difficult to express how discouraged I am at having all these connection issues: disconnects, delayed passcodes, as well as having to get so many of these passcodes on a daily basis. As I am Techless, am also uncertain whether the problem is the server, a loose wire, etc., so I am clueless as how to proceed.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Bronholz
09.19.2013 , 10:22 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Elhanan,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please try logging into the My Account area of the website (I know you are logged into the forums, but it should prompt you to login again if you attempt to access your account details). When it does this are you asked for a One Time Password? If so, is this one being sent?

What mail provider do you use?

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 11:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings Elhanan,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please try logging into the My Account area of the website (I know you are logged into the forums, but it should prompt you to login again if you attempt to access your account details). When it does this are you asked for a One Time Password? If so, is this one being sent?

What mail provider do you use?

I received an instant Passcode msg, then was able to enter correctly by Copy & paste (this option not allowed for game). Hotmail is my provider, and had been receiving them fine for the past couple of days until this morning.

However, I still am frequently being disconnected about 10-15 min, and occasionally CTD, which then requires the entire procedure gain.

P.S. Thanks for the reply!
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Bronholz
09.19.2013 , 12:37 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the info.

Below are a few steps that I would like you to try, these can help with your disconnection issues and the launcher steps may help with the passcode issue:
  • Running the Launcher Repair utility. You can find the steps here.
  • Removing and Re-adding the launcher (launcher.exe) and the game client (swtor.exe) to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.
  • Flushing your DNS cache
  • Please ensure that the Ports that the game requires have been opened on your launcher.
Additionally are you using any programs such as peerblocker? If so please try with this turned off.

Just to confirm, you're still not able to receive the One time password from the launcher, but it worked first time on the website?

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 01:07 PM | #6
Currently, I am receiving the codes from the Launcher instantly. It was not earlier, then became delayed by 10-15 min.

I will work on these tips, and will let you know how things work afterwards. Thanks!
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 01:49 PM | #7
All steps done; hopefully correctly. Will see how connectivity plays out on my next session.

However, the Passcode did not appear in the Inbox until after I closed the launch sequence and restarted. FYI
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Bronholz
09.19.2013 , 02:12 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the update.

Let us know whether the steps had an effect on the connectivity issues.

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 02:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Thanks for the update.

Let us know whether the steps had an effect on the connectivity issues.
Nope; was disconnected towards end of a Space Mission. Noticed that Missiles do not lock, although Lasers continue to fire before I get the message.

FYI - I have also had similar connectivity problems on one other Bioware game (ie; NWN1). Other then these two, most connections remain solid. Also, as far as I am aware, there is no router on my system; one device only.
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Bronholz
09.19.2013 , 02:43 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Was it the error code 9000 as before?

Are you playing in fullscreen mode?

Additionally are you plugged directly into your router or using wireless?

Thanks.