Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key iPhone 4 and iOS 7

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darksplat
06.14.2013 , 02:23 AM | #1
Hi

I have iOS 7 installed on an iPhone 4 with the SWTOR Security Key app and it constantly crashes. I know you cant do anything about it at this stage till apple says iOS 7 is ready for release hopefully this spring in the southern part of the world. But at least you can get ready for the new iOS early I can give you the crash files if required.

Cheers

Rankyn
06.14.2013 , 02:29 AM | #2
These are the people you'd probably want to talk to about that:

http://www.vasco.com/products/products.aspx

I'd also be willing to bet that they're aware of it and will have a version ready to go when iOS 7 is released, too.

rcrew
09.19.2013 , 12:18 AM | #3
Installed iOS 7 tonight, just tried the code generator, FAILED!

Think I can call support and get it removed temporarily.

Beruthien
09.19.2013 , 12:22 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings,

We are aware of issues with our mobile authenticator functioning correctly on iOS7. Please keep an eye on the Developer Tracker for further updates on the issue.

At the moment you can remove the authenticator from your account and as soon as it is back to functioning as intended you can add it back on. To do so, please try to log in on the website with out typing in the authenticator code and the select 'Lost your security key' and follow the instructions from there.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further question.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

rcrew
09.19.2013 , 12:50 AM | #5
Thanks for the update. I'm back and secure with iOS 7.

Thanks also for adding the web site ability to remove a security key without having to speak to customer support. That worked great. So, here is what I did:

Used SWTOR web site to remove authenticator from my account.
Deleted the app from my iPhone 4s
Used SWTOR web site to apply a new mobile authenticator to my account
Installed the app on my iPhone, using the serial number and key code from the above web step.

New security key popped right up, and I completed the online registration.
Have logged into the game using it with no further issues.

So a simple delete and re-install seems to be working now.

Lytzo
09.19.2013 , 11:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by rcrew View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm back and secure with iOS 7.

Thanks also for adding the web site ability to remove a security key without having to speak to customer support. That worked great. So, here is what I did:

Used SWTOR web site to remove authenticator from my account.
Deleted the app from my iPhone 4s
Used SWTOR web site to apply a new mobile authenticator to my account
Installed the app on my iPhone, using the serial number and key code from the above web step.

New security key popped right up, and I completed the online registration.
Have logged into the game using it with no further issues.

So a simple delete and re-install seems to be working now.
What he says, works like a charm.
I'm just looking for that moment to drop my Jedi knickers and pull out my real light saber.
RAID and KOTOR ill never forget you.

mwarrenusn
09.19.2013 , 11:35 AM | #7
All you have to do is uninstall the app and reinstall the app..It will probably ask you for your activation code and another code. Just go to your SWTOR account and redo the app key.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darksplat View Post
Hi

I have iOS 7 installed on an iPhone 4 with the SWTOR Security Key app and it constantly crashes. I know you cant do anything about it at this stage till apple says iOS 7 is ready for release hopefully this spring in the southern part of the world. But at least you can get ready for the new iOS early I can give you the crash files if required.

Cheers

Oxiiimoron
09.19.2013 , 05:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mwarrenusn View Post
All you have to do is uninstall the app and reinstall the app..It will probably ask you for your activation code and another code. Just go to your SWTOR account and redo the app key.
Thanks mwarrenusn!

I did just that. I removed the Security Key from my account following Beruthien's instructions. I then removed the SWTOR SK from my iPhone and reinstalled it. After logging back in I clicked to add a new Security Key and it generated a one time password to my Email. Once I entered that in, I followed the instructions and entered in the Serial Number & Activation Code, followed by the first code it displays and was successful! I can now use my Security Key again. So until a full update is implemented, this is an easy fix.

Thanks everyone for the posts!!
The Goddess Legacy
Armonia - 55 - Corruption Sorcerer // Roxannie - 50 - Lightning Sorcerer
Cayleen - 55 - Bodyguard Bounty Hunter // Sa'fyre - 17 - Lethality Operative.

artwend
09.21.2013 , 10:13 AM | #9
Yup. Worked great. Thanks for the info!

Arionfax
09.21.2013 , 01:49 PM | #10
It appears the app has now disappeared from the app store. I've had to cancel my security key. Any ETA on a fix EA?