Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sharp Dresser


CrazyMcGee's Avatar


CrazyMcGee
09.01.2013 , 08:58 AM | #1
I would like to formally propose that "Sharp Dresser" is in fact the hardest achievement in the entire game, for the following reasons:

- You need to have acquired all the gear from the one-time Rakghoul and Grand Acquisitions race events

- You need to have completed a fair number of space missions to acquire the civilian pilot outfit

- You need to have dug up full sets of the Star Forager and Dread Seed armours

How many people can possibly meet those criteria?? Not only did you need to be around for the events, you needed to earn enough tokens AND like the armours enough to buy them. And how many thousands of hours of digging would it take to get the full Star Forager AND Dreadseed armours??

So I'm wondering if anyone actually has this achievement? (Screenshots with title to prove it!)

And I'm also wondering if BW really think a clothing title should be the hardest in the game to acquire??

ParagonAX's Avatar


ParagonAX
09.01.2013 , 11:38 AM | #2
Nope.

The PvP Warzone achievements where you need 50 warzones with 10x SOLO kills in each is the hardest in the game. And it's for each warzone so you need 250 warzones of all the different kinds.

There are people with Sharp Dresser unlocked. In fact, as long as you were around for 1.2 and had the event armors, anyone could just spend time to get the rest of the outfits.

On the other hand, no amount of grinding can get you that PvP achievement. It requires an incredible amount of skill and most importantly luck and the right circumstances to even do it in 1 warzone. I have never seen anyone with more than 1 or 2 warzones with 10x solo kills, let alone 250. And I've seen a alot of PvPers.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
09.01.2013 , 03:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
Nope.

The PvP Warzone achievements where you need 50 warzones with 10x SOLO kills in each is the hardest in the game. And it's for each warzone so you need 250 warzones of all the different kinds.
this may be difficult, but it's at least achievable in the game right now.

Quote:
There are people with Sharp Dresser unlocked. In fact, as long as you were around for 1.2 and had the event armors, anyone could just spend time to get the rest of the outfits.
i was around for 1.2
i got two pieces of the armor and called it quits when i saw that it looked hideous. i did not even have a high-level imp at the time to get that set (which i probably would have. i had seen it since and liked it)
but i similarly did not much care for the chevin event armor and never picked any of that stuff up either. i got the hyrotii scrapper and a bowcaster, then spent all the rest of my tokens on red sparkle powder because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Quote:
On the other hand, no amount of grinding can get you that PvP achievement. It requires an incredible amount of skill and most importantly luck and the right circumstances to even do it in 1 warzone. I have never seen anyone with more than 1 or 2 warzones with 10x solo kills, let alone 250. And I've seen a alot of PvPers.
no amount of grinding could get you sharp dresser (right now). anyone who has it right now is extremely lucky to have achieved a long string of events long before this achievement stuff was put into place in addition to some work they had to have done since the achievement was made available.



all of that said, they've hinted that the rakghoul and chevin events will make a return, and i doubt they would make it basically impossible for anyone who joined the game after 1.2 to achieve. that's why they got rid of the tauntaun wrangler title, so keeping this in just gives more credence that the events (and achievability of the title) will return.
oaceen assault specialist / oac scrapper / oacao kinetic combatant / oacianado tactician
[Guide] The Dirty Rotten Scoundrel's PvE DPS Compendium

ImpactHound's Avatar


ImpactHound
09.01.2013 , 04:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
Nope.

The PvP Warzone achievements where you need 50 warzones with 10x SOLO kills in each is the hardest in the game. And it's for each warzone so you need 250 warzones of all the different kinds.

There are people with Sharp Dresser unlocked. In fact, as long as you were around for 1.2 and had the event armors, anyone could just spend time to get the rest of the outfits.

On the other hand, no amount of grinding can get you that PvP achievement. It requires an incredible amount of skill and most importantly luck and the right circumstances to even do it in 1 warzone. I have never seen anyone with more than 1 or 2 warzones with 10x solo kills, let alone 250. And I've seen a alot of PvPers.
Guild Wars 1 had an achievement for winning 25 battlegrounds/warzones in a row, a single loss breaks the streak.
Spoiler

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
09.01.2013 , 09:03 PM | #5
Maybe I'm bugged, or maybe this achievement is, because I have 2 sets of Bloodguard gear, its not registering as having been collected. I've put it on my Kaliyo, I've put it on my operative, and still it won't acknowledge that I own the full set of it...

Anyone else having issues making the achievement thing register stuff you already in fact own?
Check out my novel! ETERNITY AWAITS

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
09.01.2013 , 09:16 PM | #6
Gearhead seems more time consuming than Sharp Dresser.

And Party Crasher requires you to kill 100 enemy players who have their party Jawa out.
Of course, an Eye for an Eye (die and be killed exactly 10 times in a single WZ) has already been mentioned.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Anysao's Avatar


Anysao
09.01.2013 , 09:36 PM | #7
I can't get it. I only got the imperial set of Rakghoul Containment Trooper armor (still love the look for healers), and I'm missing the blood guard sand people boots, I believe.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Glumish's Avatar


Glumish
09.01.2013 , 10:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Guild Wars 1 had an achievement for winning 25 battlegrounds/warzones in a row, a single loss breaks the streak.
Spoiler
I don't know what you're talking about to be honest, winning 25 random arenas in a row simply got you bonus points.

For each random arena you got more bonus points, and 25 gave you the most. You never had to win 25 in a row to get a title. For all anyone cares you could've just gotten a streak of 2 wins repeatedly and still get the titles.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gladiator
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Codex_Title

25 didn't get it either, it would've put you at about 1/5th of the first tier of the title(s), and there were no achievements in GW1 just titles.

But yeah GW1 titles were insanely time consuming and difficult, there was immense prestige in getting those.

Arenatah's Avatar


Arenatah
09.02.2013 , 01:49 AM | #9
The problem with sharp dresser is that

1) You would have had to have been playing during the limited time events, and
2) You needed to get ALL THE PIECES from those events (and for the rhakghoul event, you had to get ALL THE PIECES ON BOTH SIDES).
3) Nobody knew these pieces would be required for a meta achievement down the line.

IMHO it doesn't seem fair to have these outfits be part of the achievement (for the record, I have full imp containment officer set, but not the pub one, and only the bloodguard chest because I didn't like the look of the other pieces). If I had known that I'd have needed all the pieces, I would have obviously gotten them.

Digging up rare pieces is fine; I have no problem with an achievement being time consuming, but expecting people to have had IRL psychic powers to know to gather all these sets months ahead of the achievement system even being launched is ridiculous.
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

RevansSoul's Avatar


RevansSoul
09.02.2013 , 12:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Arenatah View Post
The problem with sharp dresser is that

1) You would have had to have been playing during the limited time events, and
2) You needed to get ALL THE PIECES from those events (and for the rhakghoul event, you had to get ALL THE PIECES ON BOTH SIDES).
3) Nobody knew these pieces would be required for a meta achievement down the line.

IMHO it doesn't seem fair to have these outfits be part of the achievement (for the record, I have full imp containment officer set, but not the pub one, and only the bloodguard chest because I didn't like the look of the other pieces). If I had known that I'd have needed all the pieces, I would have obviously gotten them.

Digging up rare pieces is fine; I have no problem with an achievement being time consuming, but expecting people to have had IRL psychic powers to know to gather all these sets months ahead of the achievement system even being launched is ridiculous.
Signed, these shouldn't be part of the Sharp Dresser title.