Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obroan Armor

Sangrar
09.01.2013 , 10:06 AM | #51
The point is we wanted to see at least a little more effort and something a little closer to what a non force user class would actually wear.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

gorstram
09.01.2013 , 11:19 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Corsiero View Post
I've already decided what my main will look like, even if I do end up getting all 75 before the Dread Masters drop, I'm not going to change my look. The possible set being released I'll pick and choose what best will suit my alts because there already are amazing looking armour in the game. That's why adaptive armour is amazing. I'm not limited to 'showing off' end raid gear as if to prove I'm able to because I have ego and self esteem issues in a game. That's what titles are for. It suits a Dread themed set.
So what I'm getting from you is that it's okay to design mediocre end-game armor because you already have your look, and it doesn't really matter what any of that stuff looks like since you're just going to rip the mods out regardless. Is that about right?

Also, just because you're fine with mediocrity, doesn't mean that the rest of us are. This is mostly about taste, but when I hear hundreds of people on my server, other servers, in my guild, in my alt's guilds, on Facebook, and strangers that I meet that play TOR (a couple of guys at a breakfast joint I frequent) agree that their gear design is lackluster at best, then there's a problem.

I think if they just threw out a few designs in between large patches, or expansions and had the community vote on them, then there would be more satisfaction with the gear.

My biggest point is, they shouldn't design the gear with the idea that people are just going to rip the mods out. That breeds apathy in design.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Silko
09.01.2013 , 11:29 AM | #53
I really stopped caring about the look of the new end game armor. It all looks horrid and they do this **** on purpose to make people want to buy the good looking armor on the CC store.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website

Mowermanx
09.01.2013 , 11:48 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Silko View Post
It all looks horrid and they do this **** on purpose to make people want to buy the good looking armor on the CC store.
Really? Then how do you explain the tio/col/rak stuff?

Sangrar
09.01.2013 , 12:21 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Because back then there was no cartel market
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

TheNahash
09.01.2013 , 12:26 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
Because back then there was no cartel market
that kinda proves his point...
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

nomadh
09.01.2013 , 12:31 PM | #57
The armor you see on PTS is just a placeholder.
But i am amazed how good it looks, finally Blizzard made a right step to improve World of Warcraft armour...oh WAIT!

Silko
09.01.2013 , 04:32 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
BW at the time actually thought those looked good.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website

Heaviermetal
09.01.2013 , 11:32 PM | #59
Terrible. I'm hoping its WIP/placeholder like the website says.
MALER - 60 MARAUDER
TOR'CERO - 60 POWERTECH

Sangrar
09.02.2013 , 10:55 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
that kinda proves his point...
whatever I liked the rakata stuff, at least you could see the actual though and effort put in them, you got to admit compared to the new gear that mirrors the opposite faction and the stuff that looks nothing like what a trooper uses or a smuggler, I can honestly say I want the rakata gear look back, I loved those sets, they were not bad, keep in mind the gear had to look star wars while at the same time unique, such as sith juggernauts wearing a lot of armor into combat the gear reflected that, the agent would wear an advanced helmet and it reflected that, the sith inquisitor would wear something with bold colors in a display of both power and opulence, and it did just that. The point is, anyone see that amount of though go into designing obroan?