Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

legacy transfer?

XxPizzaBoyxX
06.27.2013 , 02:15 PM | #1
does anyone know if you keep your legacy upon transfering toons ??
GATMAN
The Diabolic Legacy

BenKatarn
06.27.2013 , 02:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by XxPizzaBoyxX View Post
does anyone know if you keep your legacy upon transfering toons ??
It depends on whether or not there is another Legacy on your destination server, but generally, yes.

If you transfer a character to a new server, that character will take your Legacy with them to the destination server. There, it will be compared to another Legacy, should there be one, and the one with more unlocks wins out. Meaning, if you transfer a Level 50 Legacy to a new server that has a Level 1 Legacy, your Level 50 Legacy will overwrite the one currently on the destination server. However, its name will be changed to the one that was already on the destination server. If you take Legacy A and have it overwrite Legacy B, it will have all of A's qualities, but B's name.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

MillionsKNives
06.27.2013 , 02:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
It depends on whether or not there is another Legacy on your destination server, but generally, yes.

If you transfer a character to a new server, that character will take your Legacy with them to the destination server. There, it will be compared to another Legacy, should there be one, and the one with more unlocks wins out. Meaning, if you transfer a Level 50 Legacy to a new server that has a Level 1 Legacy, your Level 50 Legacy will overwrite the one currently on the destination server. However, its name will be changed to the one that was already on the destination server. If you take Legacy A and have it overwrite Legacy B, it will have all of A's qualities, but B's name.
The unlocks are actually merged.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?
Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?
Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric

curtkram
06.27.2013 , 02:52 PM | #4
you get the highest legacy level, so if the higher of the 2 is 50, then you should get legacy level 50.

all unlocks are combined.

if you have legacy unlock "x" on server "A" and legacy unlock "y" on server "B", then transfer a toon from "A" to "B," both unlock "x" and "y" will be on server "B." Since you're transferring off server "A," of course there is no change to that one.

Rankyn
06.27.2013 , 03:08 PM | #5
If you have lvl 15 legacy Smith with unlocks a, b, & c that transfers to a server where you have lvl 10 legacy Jones with unlocks x, y, & z, you'll end up with lvl 15 legacy Jones with unlocks a, b, c, x, y, & z on the destination server.

rekgamer
08.25.2013 , 02:05 AM | #6
Question, so if I xfer my toon to another server, we've established that his legacy goes to the new server (in my case fresh server so nothing to overwrite), but what becomes of the legacy on the s rrver u xferd from? I will still hqve toons there I'm wondrring If I'm crippling any new toons I make there in the future, or do I get a copy on both server's?

TheNahash
08.25.2013 , 02:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by rekgamer View Post
Question, so if I xfer my toon to another server, we've established that his legacy goes to the new server (in my case fresh server so nothing to overwrite), but what becomes of the legacy on the s rrver u xferd from? I will still hqve toons there I'm wondrring If I'm crippling any new toons I make there in the future, or do I get a copy on both server's?
Your existing legacy doesn't get erased if you transfer characters to another server.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

rekgamer
08.25.2013 , 02:26 AM | #8
sweet thanks a million

aryltheshadow
09.01.2013 , 04:07 PM | #9
I just want to ask, do we have any confirmation that the Legacy being transferred changes to be the same name as the one it's being transferring to?

Example.
Legacy "Smith" is being transferred from Harbinger server with unlocks a,b,c, to where Legacy "Jones" was.
Jones has x,y,z. Now, I know that Jones will retain x,y,z, and gain, a,b,c, as that has been confirmed. I just want to know if we know for sure Jones will stay named Jones, or be renamed to Smith.

It'd be great if an Admin could confirm this.
I can see transferring some of my old alts to other servers if this is true.

Roalmo
09.01.2013 , 04:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by aryltheshadow View Post
I just want to ask, do we have any confirmation that the Legacy being transferred changes to be the same name as the one it's being transferring to?

Example.
Legacy "Smith" is being transferred from Harbinger server with unlocks a,b,c, to where Legacy "Jones" was.
Jones has x,y,z. Now, I know that Jones will retain x,y,z, and gain, a,b,c, as that has been confirmed. I just want to know if we know for sure Jones will stay named Jones, or be renamed to Smith.

It'd be great if an Admin could confirm this.
I can see transferring some of my old alts to other servers if this is true.
Transferred several toons to different servers(its an APAC thing), always was given a rename choice when there was a name conflict.