Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when are the Republic space station getting shoot down?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So when are the Republic space station getting shoot down?

aeterno
09.01.2013 , 09:50 AM | #11
Nobody disparages the fleets because of their functionality or even their space setting.

Me personally I find them too functional. Too utilitarian. Not enough imaginative. Bland. A circle without a soul. Yes it's probably the most practical faction hub you can ask for. Well not the capital ships themselves, they're a pain. Who the heck puts a chasm in a ship. I mean wth.

But bottom line is.... it's a donut in space with portals. It's not inspiring, not something your eye can rest on, you get no homey feel from it.... and to rub it in it's exactly the same for both factions. You can tell the fleet was made at the 11th hour when capital planets were found to be lacking, probably because they had even bigger fps issues with a crowd than fleets at launch.

Stradlin
09.01.2013 , 10:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Nobody disparages the fleets because of their functionality or even their space setting.

Me personally I find them too functional. Too utilitarian. Not enough imaginative. Bland. A circle without a soul. Yes it's probably the most practical faction hub you can ask for. Well not the capital ships themselves, they're a pain. Who the heck puts a chasm in a ship. I mean wth.

But bottom line.... is it's a donut in space with portals. It's not inspiring, not something your eye can rest on, you get no homey feel from it.... and to rub it in it's exactly the same for both factions. You can tell the fleet was made at the 11th hour when capital planets were found to be lacking, probably because they had even bigger fps issues with a crowd than fleets at launch.
..It is credible. TOR has always been much "harder" scifi than original StaWa. Space station with circular shape makes a highly sense making and, again, atmospheric thing. It is something you have very easy time believing in. I fully agree they are boring, bland and in all ways have way too little exiting, profilic things going on though..
....Which is an issue more or less everything in TOR shares, really. People responsible of filling the world with content, life, things that makes us arch an eyebrow, stuff that 'takes us there' weren't very inspired.

branmakmuffin
09.01.2013 , 10:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
..It is credible. TOR has always been much "harder" scifi than original StaWa.
Not sure if serious.

Stradlin
09.01.2013 , 11:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Not sure if serious.
Instead of being your useful self by posting void of content memes, you could always try using your own voice and actually say something.

TOR and extended universe as a whole has always been much less fantasy and much more scifi than StaWa of Lucas. It is pretty much inevitable..extended universe by design seeking to increase depth of something with surface already present.

Spatology
09.01.2013 , 03:02 PM | #15
Pretty sure ive been fireing like thousands of missles from Cademimu....according to my stories lore atleast...and ive done it alot =\

Radzkie
09.01.2013 , 03:11 PM | #16
Eh... I like the fleet because it loads quicker than planets do. So if they're planning on making a new "hub" or "homeworld" I hope that it's not an actual world.

It's not a big deal, but it's nice when PvP is popping quickly.
Radzkie (Seer) | Elím (Sawbones)
The Lovecraft Legacy
<Ascension>