Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Plea for cross server flashpoint queues.

psandak
08.16.2013 , 06:20 PM | #31
I've said it many times and I'll say it again, what this game needs is to have incentives to queue as tank and healer. It worked wonders in that "game that shall not be named." Yes, initially there were a significant number of bad tanks and healers, but that leveled off in short order and DPS queue times were cut in half to two-thirds. And the incentives were not game breaking. In SWTOR equivalent terms the incentives included:

- a random prototype stim (not necessarily usable by the character awarded it)
- med packs
- crafting materials
- an item modification (again not necessarily usable by the character awarded it)
- a slim chance at a vanity pet
- an even slimmer chance for a speeder.

These were obviously enough to get players to try tanking and healing.

Snarfleblaster
08.16.2013 , 11:13 PM | #32
I think one of the major problems is the group treatment of healers. If a healer like me wants to join a group and everyone blames the healer when the group gets wiped... Frequently because they don't wait until the healer is ready... They will blame the healer.

After being treated badly (or more accurately , rudely) a few times, I realized I don't want to be part of that scenario so I never queue up my healer with people I don't know.

My guildies think I'm a great healer, and we rarely wipe, but when I queue for a group, everyone expects the healer to save the group from bad strategy.

If they changed it so people would have to be more patient in kicking people they may find that more healers would want to group up...

sithBracer
08.17.2013 , 02:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Snarfleblaster View Post
I think one of the major problems is the group treatment of healers. If a healer like me wants to join a group and everyone blames the healer when the group gets wiped... Frequently because they don't wait until the healer is ready... They will blame the healer.

After being treated badly (or more accurately , rudely) a few times, I realized I don't want to be part of that scenario so I never queue up my healer with people I don't know.

My guildies think I'm a great healer, and we rarely wipe, but when I queue for a group, everyone expects the healer to save the group from bad strategy.

If they changed it so people would have to be more patient in kicking people they may find that more healers would want to group up...
Healers are almost never the bottleneck. You not queuing only makes healers like me happier. And as a healer you have to adjust to the tank and the situation, they don't have to adjust to you. I do it why my healers, my friends do it with theirs. If you want to set the pace, play as tank.

morfius
08.20.2013 , 03:10 AM | #34
By all means - NO.
It will bring more ninja looting & rude behavior without shorten queue for DPS characters.
I have some DDs & some tanks... I have seen PUGs firsthand.
Thanks, but NO thanks... I am only using GF on my tank with my wife healer & a friend DPS - so if 4th player give it moron - we could let it dye & still finish what we started then kick hm/her.
Major issue with tank & healer shortage is community.

Last but not least:
You love big numbers ... we have one more big number for you - those of queue length
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

BlackflameSeven
09.05.2013 , 06:30 AM | #35
As has already been mention regarding the game that must not be named, the cross server queues were, for me at least, a disaster. You got more bad behaviour, abusive language, ninja looting and other fun additions to the game than ever before, because the idiots knew they would never see you again, and knew that even if you bad-mouthed them to your friends, you weren't on the same server, and it would have no impact on them.

The incentive bag sort of worked for me, suddenly there was a point to bring a heroic raid geared tank to an instance (yes, Im using the other games terms, forgive me...), and even once I'd got the odd mount or pet myself, the bag could be looked in, and sent on to another toon to grab the BoP reward inside if you wanted it somewhere else.

But the most terrifying result of the reward system was the hordes of screaming dps posting all over the forums complaining how unfair it was that the little light showing a bonus reward only ever lit up for tanks and sometimes healers. How dare Blizzard offer something that was unavailable to the masses to try to resolve a problem affecting the masses? Of course, they got slapped down by tanks, but they kept coming back with the entitled to everything attitudes. Anonymity is such fun...

Back on topic, please, no, or at least if you do want it, make it an option, so I can tick a box that says I only want to play with people on my own server!

lpez
09.06.2013 , 12:31 AM | #36
Cross server? No it would not solve it.

Want short ques. Learn to tank, learn to heal, or become a top DPS (among top 50 in DPS charts).

I own 2 Heals and 2 Tanks. I que with my brother (awesome DPS) as much as possible. Don't like to que alone as much. If the healer forgets to heal me guess who pays the repair bill, the DPS aggro a second mob I have to tank and get killed/revived guess who pays repair bill.

As for tanks being less readily available than healers, not always true. Today I had an insta pop on my healer (after not getting 1 on my tank) to find out the tank I got grouped with waited 40 mins.

More credits for tank and heals would entice me to que more alone? Yes.

AAAAzrael
09.06.2013 , 04:36 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by metalfenix View Post
Try to bring a healer companion to the Athiss final boss and you'll see yourself wiped in a matter of seconds
Well on this very forum there is a video of Sentinel with healer comp clearing that one solo. So I wouldn't post that if I were you. With slightly overgeared tank and DPS pulling their weight there there isn't that much healing to be done, and some DPS classes can cleanse the DOT.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

AAAAzrael
09.06.2013 , 04:40 AM | #38
Obvious solution at the current state of the game is to add Isotope-5 vials as drops in FP's. That would be some point of doing my FP's on my tanks.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

sithBracer
09.06.2013 , 08:18 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by lpez View Post
As for tanks being less readily available than healers, not always true. Today I had an insta pop on my healer (after not getting 1 on my tank) to find out the tank I got grouped with waited 40 mins.
Right now is kind of a weird time (especially on PvP servers) because 2.4 is about to come out and many healers are on the PTS trying out the new arenas or in warzones trying to get ranked comms for the new gear (I know I am, and I sometimes I see 6 healers on the same team). Also it seems a lot of healers started rolling tank alts so it is kind of a double blow (lose a healer, gain a tank). This trend will not last, and pretty soon it will go back to how it always was. As for that tank, he was just queuing at literally the worst time of day to queue. Once 2.4 actually comes out and people get sick of arenas, it will go back to tanks always instapopping, healers waiting 5-15 minutes and dps ... will stay the same.

wainot-keel
09.06.2013 , 09:12 AM | #40
Don't see how this would make things better for the dps unless there are servers with the opposite problem, overpopulated with tanks and healers. Most of the time, problem is not a tank in queue, to a much lesser extent, not a healer on queue.