Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive Server Lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baalzamon
08.15.2013 , 10:28 AM | #1
It gets over 9k ping then DCed FIX YOUR SERVERS ITS NOT ON OUR END.

Beesodd
08.15.2013 , 10:33 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Baalzamon,

Have you tried getting trace information? You're connecting over quite some distance, there are a lot of potential failure points.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Cruge
08.15.2013 , 10:38 AM | #3
Harbringer is having massive lag today as well. Where do you want the trace done to?

Beesodd
08.15.2013 , 10:44 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
You can find a little mini-guide to how to get a traceroute and pathping here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hp?t=498597#67 (click [Show])

If you are having lag rising lag to red x disconnects out of the blue, it's worth clearing your cache (open the game folder, then swtor, then delete the DiskCacheArena folder). Also, there is a hefty set of of troubleshooting tips here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=498597#5

It also helps a lot to describe the nature of the lag/dcs. For example, is chat slow, are mailboxes sluggish or unresponsive, is there excessive rubberbanding, does the lag come suddenly or gradually rise and fall, does it happen only at certain times of day, and so on. Including your location and server also helps.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Cruge
08.15.2013 , 11:10 AM | #5
I have the info you requested.
Tracert.txt

Spoiler

Pathping.txt

Spoiler

Server is The Harbringer and I'm located in northern colorado. I normally run at 30-50ms, but since maintainence on Tuesday I keep getting lag out of the blue running around on fleet or on Makeb. As soon as the lag starts, my ping sky rockets then will disconnect within 30sec. Hope this info helps you guys resolve this issue.

Kilora
08.15.2013 , 11:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruge View Post
Server is The Harbringer and I'm located in northern colorado. I normally run at 30-50ms, but since maintainence on Tuesday I keep getting lag out of the blue running around on fleet or on Makeb. As soon as the lag starts, my ping sky rockets then will disconnect within 30sec. Hope this info helps you guys resolve this issue.
Just a note -- if at all possible, try to run a Traceroute starting as soon as possible once your ping starts to skyrocket. When I'm trying to do this, I generally have the CMD prompt up, with the command typed in -- so I can quickly alt-tab and hit enter.

With intermittent lag and d/cs, it is a lot easier to find the problem when a traceroute can be done while it is happening. Good luck! I'll keep an eye on this thread, so I can help if possible.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

Cruge
08.15.2013 , 11:33 AM | #7
Most recent tracert during a disconnect.

Spoiler
<Damnation of they Betrayed> The Harbringer

Kilora
08.15.2013 , 11:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruge View Post
Most recent tracert during a disconnect.

12 * 64 ms * xe-2-1-0.cr1.dca2.us.above.net [64.125.25.113]
On the plus side -- doesn't look like an issue on your end. You're getting packet loss when just a few hops away from the actual server. Depending on whether or not other people are experiencing this -- what time of day it happens, how often, when it started and how common it is (even just for you) it could be a number of things. Looks like the issue is above.net -- a company that BW uses, most likely.

Annoying situation when the problem isn't you, AND it isn't BW >.<
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

Cruge
08.15.2013 , 11:51 AM | #9
still makes it annoying as heck to try and play today. Wonder if BW can call someone at that company to resolve the issue.
<Damnation of they Betrayed> The Harbringer

CrazyOldMystic
08.15.2013 , 12:29 PM | #10
Not sure why but that tracing file did not show up on my c drive. Anyways I do not think its only these few that are having issues. This time yesterday a guild I belonged to had about 10 people only today only 3 including myself. My lag seems to be all over the place. Mostly goes downhill as soon as I start attacking. I thought at first it was a section x issue. Yesterday I lost connection once, once it disconnected me and I reconnected via the screen the problem went away. Today however the game refused to disconnect me, so I had continued problems with lag.