Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas for playable species.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Fan Site Forum
Ideas for playable species.

EliMoon
08.10.2013 , 11:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wilde_Night View Post
Personal opinon: Anything that can be a companion, with the exception of Dashade (rare) and Droids, should be able to be made into a playable race. The design for them already exists and the ability to wear gear and have it show on the model.

I also think they should ditch the Companion Appearance slot and just let us modify them in the Appearance Designer, with the race and gender options grayed out. More opportunity to make your companion look unique within the limits of their lore.
Love this idea about the Appearance Mod Station

I would also love to see smaller creatures in the game as well for playable characters ... like the yodians, ewoks, and jawas(would be really interesting to see what they could come up with as far as facial features). I'm curious as to why they couldn't think of a way to plausibly put the Voss in as playable characters ... I get that their planet is neutral but that could be easily fixed by having to get a certain rep with them to unlock the species for play. Wouldn't be that hard in my opinion.
Guildlaunch Profile if you are interested in who all my character are.

Righness
08.13.2013 , 08:40 AM | #12
Personal opinon: Anything that can be a companion, with the exception of Dashade (rare) and Droids, should be able to be made into a playable race. The design for them already exists and the ability to wear gear and have it show on the model.

I also think they should ditch the Companion Appearance slot and just let us modify them in the Appearance Designer, with the race and gender options grayed out. More opportunity to make your companion look unique within the limits of their lore.
This. Plus I might even add the desire that most characters in game period should eventually be on the list. I know some species like the Iridoniuns would be hard to have armor that wasn't just for them so yeah, besides some basics like that, some races like Rodians are so common to SW's it sounds silly to not have the option in a game this expansive.

tbonemc
08.14.2013 , 08:39 AM | #13
I think they should add the Duro, Nemoidian, and Mon Calamari species as options to play as.

jereyjenkins
10.05.2013 , 09:56 AM | #14
Nobody's mentioned Rodians yet, I would love to play as one, plus they already have bases for both genders in it so it shouldn't be as hard as say Mon calamari or trandosians as they only have male templates so far.
And as for speaking galactic basic in the clone wars there was a rodian padawan that could speak English.

swjunkiee
10.22.2013 , 12:18 PM | #15
Well being a Trandoshan would really be cool. I was one on SWG and as for the armor...they didn't ware boots, however all u have to do is put the boots, gloves, or helmets on hide. this way u can still get all your stats from armor. Same goes for wookies and most races, if they don't usually ware humanoid cloths, just have it where its on hide. So ill wait for the next big expansion for a new race...see what happens then.

SirianVaat
10.24.2013 , 04:34 PM | #16

Love the idea of being able to change their appearance in the Appearance Designer. Great idea.
Sirian Vaat
The Remnants of Hope
RP Community

Guild Website

Jheissu
12.10.2013 , 01:48 AM | #17

I totally agree, I'd like to also be able to change my companions name, and maybe a random characteristic could be implemented. I'd like to see more diversity, everything is being used on a short model of appearance, everything mirrors each other for the most part. Also, I don't get how all of my characters have the same legacy name, I'd like to maybe put last names on my guys. My biggest WANT at the moment is to have like 20-40 'key characters' throughout your storyline, and you can pick their fates, either by joining your team, and being exceptionally good at crew skills, or really great in combat, or you could execute them, or force persuade them to do something random... let your imagination wander.

maaken
03.08.2014 , 12:07 PM | #18
Would love some more species in swtor.

ReturnDaenerys
03.08.2014 , 04:29 PM | #19
Arkanian Offshoot.

They're quite important in the Knights of the Old Republic comic series that was set during Mando wars. The offshoot character Jarael was so epic in it. Malak even has a brief crush on her.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arkanian_Offshoot

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jarael

TheTrooperGuy
03.11.2014 , 05:15 PM | #20
Declaration: My belief, despite what others have relayed me, is that various lines of droid models could be added to be in place of a species. Since a droids AI/memory core can "technically" be transferred to other chassis there could be many customization options similar to a meatbags gear (plus the various weapons droids can wield).
Statement: I would indeed find this addition to be most enjoyable Master Bioware!