Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointment in cartel packs any one ELSE.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointment in cartel packs any one ELSE.

ExcaliburKnight
07.24.2013 , 12:21 AM | #1
So just a General enquire How many other players are getting so Pissed off with cartel packs you buy them and OH look more Bound Hutt Cartel reputation boost tokens I currently have over 30+ sitting in my banks as I refuse to delite them as they have cost me REAL cash getting to the stage were i'm feeling really CHEATED and just grown now when I open a cartel pack. As once your Legendary status with the Hutt cartel these are totally useless.

My solutions to this minor over-site would be one of the following:
1) You unbind them so the non idiots who dont buy cartel packs could increase there Hutt cartel reputation. for useless Loot.
2) You give a ratio of the rep boosts tokens for say a cartel certificate so you can save up for your 3rd Revan mask.
3) don't put them in the packs in the first place as basically there crap and shouldn't be in there full stop.

P.S. that apply to your latest trick to waste our money the crap little quests that give total **** boost. you have just added to the packs.
LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS

Magnusheart
07.24.2013 , 12:24 AM | #2
Dude, you vendor them for Cash, last I checked they updated them to do this.

Also you are not being cheated, why? they specifically added an extra loot slot within the contraband shipment packs to include the rep items, in fact your being given more if you can vendor them for credits.

So thank them for more pocket change.

Atalantia
07.25.2013 , 10:47 PM | #3
Cartel packs are BS. It's a waste of money. RNG basicly is BS in anything I want to buy. I just came back to the game wanted the Mira Jade outift bought two of the packs and got crap all crap I dont want all crap i could give a hoot about.

Ya I can list on the GTN thats a waste of my time as well..

Cartel packs equal going to Macy's or any department store and they saying

"OH look we have this outfit for 100 dollars. All you have to do is give us the 100 dollars and we'll give you one of those boxes over there. It has a less than 2% chance of having a piece of the 100 dollar outfit. But dont worry we put some neat stuff in the box like balloons, and socks, and other knick knack stuff you really don't want. And by the way, you can give us another 100 dollars and try again."

Cartel packs are as much a rip off as playing rigged games at the carnival.
Was before F2P

CrazyMcGee
07.25.2013 , 11:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Atalantia View Post
Cartel packs are BS. It's a waste of money. RNG basicly is BS in anything I want to buy. I just came back to the game wanted the Mira Jade outift bought two of the packs and got crap all crap I dont want all crap i could give a hoot about.

Ya I can list on the GTN thats a waste of my time as well..

Cartel packs are as much a rip off as playing rigged games at the carnival.
Ok, first, OP, you sell the Cartel rep items to vendors. As someone else said, this was in patch notes ages ago.

Atalantia, you don't seem to understand that Cartel pack items are ranked in terms of rarity. The Mira's outfit is really rare, how could you possibly have thought you could buy *two* packs and get the full outfit? That was never, ever going to happen. No one ever pretended that would happen. If you had asked any other player, they could have explained to you that would not happen.

Why is listing on the GTN a waste of your time? It gets you money.

Cartel packs are a gamble, you buy a pack and you find out what items are inside. The packs list how many of each item you are going to get and what rarity (e.g. "plus a chance to get a super rare item"). They do not say "we guarantee you will get all the super rare items in one pack". So how is it a rip off when they tell you exactly what you are going to get and then you get it?

If you want one specific item, then packs are never the way to go, unless you have a lot of real money. You are much better going to the GTN, if you just want one specific item and have no desire to sell the unwanted items on the GTN.

Just because you are not using the packs as they are intended (and fully explained), it is not a fundamental problem with the packs. It is you willfully misunderstanding them.

CaptainBlackjack
07.25.2013 , 11:40 PM | #5
The packs are not worth the real dollar price and I don't see any value in them. I will buy the rare drops on the GTN if they are interesting. Lately the gear and items are not even interesting enough to spend credits on sadly, BW needs to get some new designs to keep their cash cow paying.
“I find your lack of faith disturbing."

rkjunior
07.25.2013 , 11:58 PM | #6
Last I checked, no one has a gun to your head forcing you to spend cartel coins on the packs.

SithKoriandr
07.26.2013 , 01:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Why is listing on the GTN a waste of your time? It gets you money.
To bad that listing on the GTN sometimes means getting less than 2,000 Creds for what you got from the packs.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

TheNahash
07.26.2013 , 01:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
To bad that listing on the GTN sometimes means getting less than 2,000 Creds for what you got from the packs.
If the prices are too low, wait a few days and try again.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Lord_of_Mu
07.26.2013 , 01:29 AM | #9
Oh I love the things that come in the packs. I just won't spend any of money on them. Someone else always buys the packs and sells the goodies for credits. That is where I come in.

CrazyMcGee
07.26.2013 , 01:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
If the prices are too low, wait a few days and try again.
Yeah, if you're getting 2000 creds for the whole pack, you're doing it wrong.

Plus you could have sold the pack for more like 200 to 300k.