Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Proposal : Reduce the repair pricing on all non orange gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Proposal : Reduce the repair pricing on all non orange gear

Roketter's Avatar


Roketter
07.25.2013 , 03:31 PM | #1
That would give people some incentive to sell those greens, blues and purples if they were cheaper to repair than the ever-present orange stuff.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
07.25.2013 , 03:39 PM | #2
Not enough unless anything below custom had no repair cost at all.

One of the features of this game is that players can make their characters look the way they want. This is a accomplished, in part, through the gear the character wears. Orange/custom gear allows a player to give the character a look and be able to maintain that look because the gear is upgradable through item modification.

Add to that the addictive/contagious nature of that feature and you have very few players willing to give it up just to save a few credits.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.26.2013 , 12:51 PM | #3
yeah, if the "all-in-one" pieces don't sell much, is because of the looks, not because of repair costs. With orange shells you can have your character as whatever you want for as long as you want.

Looks are so important that people will overlook the fact that using the crafted blue/purple from synthweaving/armomech most of the time will provide much better secondary stats that simply using the mods and enhancements from either planet vendor or crafted stuff from cybertech and artifice.

From my experience with both Armomech and Synthweaving, the only thing that sells regularly are blue/purple belts and bracers (aside from augments, but that's another story). Belts and bracers have little impact on how your toon looks.

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
07.27.2013 , 02:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
yeah, if the "all-in-one" pieces don't sell much, is because of the looks, not because of repair costs. With orange shells you can have your character as whatever you want for as long as you want.

Looks are so important that people will overlook the fact that using the crafted blue/purple from synthweaving/armomech most of the time will provide much better secondary stats that simply using the mods and enhancements from either planet vendor or crafted stuff from cybertech and artifice.

From my experience with both Armomech and Synthweaving, the only thing that sells regularly are blue/purple belts and bracers (aside from augments, but that's another story). Belts and bracers have little impact on how your toon looks.
In all reality, Bioware should never have even put in the non mod able gear pieces. Nobody wants that stuff. Everything should have been modable and synweaving should have gotten str and willpower armorings and armormech should have got cunning and aim armorings. They should have just distributed all modification pieces to all crafting professions. Let each one of them have a piece of the modification game. Right now some come out way ahead of others.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.28.2013 , 08:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
In all reality, Bioware should never have even put in the non mod able gear pieces. Nobody wants that stuff. Everything should have been modable and synweaving should have gotten str and willpower armorings and armormech should have got cunning and aim armorings. They should have just distributed all modification pieces to all crafting professions. Let each one of them have a piece of the modification game. Right now some come out way ahead of others.
If they "unlock" those armor pieces from Synth/Armomech, everybody will use them to rips its mods. That would certainly hit both Cybertech and Artifice. Though if costs for crafting them are increased (since you are making 3 items it would make sense) perhaps it can be balanced that way.
The other thing is, considering all the combinations with the 2 tiers of schematics you have for synth/armo pieces. that we may see mods and enhancemnents that we've never seen, that don't exist in the game (like stuff with Presence, lol). I doubt BW will ever bother addressing that kind of thing to improve crafting.

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
07.28.2013 , 12:19 PM | #6
Yeah its to late in the game now, but what I ment was, no more crated pieces that are non modable. Everything would be an empty shell and everyone would get a piece of the modding. Just remove all non modable items all together. Everyone crafts some sort of "mod" and people just use those to fill empty shells.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.28.2013 , 09:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
Yeah its to late in the game now, but what I ment was, no more crated pieces that are non modable. Everything would be an empty shell and everyone would get a piece of the modding. Just remove all non modable items all together. Everyone crafts some sort of "mod" and people just use those to fill empty shells.
I just remembered that they did "unlock" the offhands a while back. At first, they weren't moddable. It was a good change, but the specifc craft for them (Artifice) didnt get much benefit from it (aside from the enhancement ofc), but you cannot craft moddable ones at all. I kinda wondering if they will eventually do a similar thing with implants and earpieces...