Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a point of having PVP on PVE servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is there a point of having PVP on PVE servers

enabe
07.23.2013 , 10:11 AM | #1
Ok it is a little different question why have an event that requires players to pvp when they are on a PVE server to me this is a little crazy but this is my thought i enjoy pvp in the WZ but why event have PVP on the open world on aPVE server.

AngelFluttershy
07.23.2013 , 03:47 PM | #2
They aren't requiring you to PvP, the PvP area and its missions are completely optional. They'll only grant a small amount of reputation and Warzone commendations. You can access all of the other content without PvPing.

PLynkes
07.24.2013 , 01:48 AM | #3
Here we go again...

chuixupu
07.24.2013 , 02:24 AM | #4
Yes. People like to PVP that don't necessarily want to be perma-flagged everywhere they go.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Atramar
07.24.2013 , 02:56 AM | #5
title is misleading and can lead to mockery.
OP didn't mean 'no pvp on pve servers' he ment 'event can lead to pvp zone on pve server'

but as said, pvp zones are optional, event is optional, no one is forcing any pvp on you on any way. You choose to go pvp zone with warnings 'you can get killed'.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

enabe
07.24.2013 , 09:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelFluttershy View Post
They aren't requiring you to PvP, the PvP area and its missions are completely optional. They'll only grant a small amount of reputation and Warzone commendations. You can access all of the other content without PvPing.
True i could do the other stuff outside the PVP area and get them done but would missing out on 2 missions every day get me to top rep. for the gree. It will but it will take 2X more longer to get there. So i was thinking why not a option for those 2 quest or something else. Also if it is PVP why are the Imperial players killing each other and the Republic players doing the same are you guys into kill someone that may be helping you done the line with OP or FP come on Imperial's Go nuts kill the republic players it makes it more interesting and republic you go after the imperial players.

Atramar
07.24.2013 , 09:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by enabe View Post
True i could do the other stuff outside the PVP area and get them done but would missing out on 2 missions every day get me to top rep. for the gree. It will but it will take 2X more longer to get there. So i was thinking why not a option for those 2 quest or something else. Also if it is PVP why are the Imperial players killing each other and the Republic players doing the same are you guys into kill someone that may be helping you done the line with OP or FP come on Imperial's Go nuts kill the republic players it makes it more interesting and republic you go after the imperial players.
if you want something extra, you have to take the risk. events in pvp area are so rare, people take what ever they can from it while it lasts.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

AngelFluttershy
07.25.2013 , 11:40 AM | #8
Missing two rep items will not make this task take twice as long. You can get blue rep items from the repeatable area bosses that are outside the PvP zone which will more than make up for skipping the PvP quests given you win the rolls on the rep items. Not to mention, you can run all the PvE missions on alts that are level 50+ as well which makes the rep roll in.

Factions are killing themselves because it is a FFA PvP area like Outlaw's Den. You sound like you really dislike the area so I'd recommend foregoing the extra rep items, which I assume you already are.

AlexDougherty
07.25.2013 , 11:58 AM | #9
Ok it is a little different question why have an event that requires players to pvp when they are on a PVE server to me this is a little crazy but this is my thought i enjoy pvp in the WZ but why event have PVP on the open world on a PVE server.
The complaints that would arise if you couldn't PVP on a server (Even one dedicated to PVE) is reason enough.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

PLynkes
07.25.2013 , 02:59 PM | #10
Good God, this again. Nobody is being forced to do anything!

If you don't want to engage in PVP, stay the hell out of the PVP area. I'm by no means a PVPer*, but I am sick to the back teeth of all these PVE crybabies wailing about the PVP aspect of the Gree Event. There are two PVP quests, clearly marked as such. If you don't want to do them, don't pick them up. If those two extra tokens a day are so important to you, then you need to man up and face those horrid dastards in the PVP zone.

It really is as simple as that.

*Apart from the Gree event, one single Huttball match makes up the entire sum of my PVP experience.