Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.25.2013 , 12:35 PM | #171 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
As a reminder I should have the schedule for submitting top 3 by today or tomorrow. This way each class will have a good idea of who will be representing them, when, and they can get started! For maximum visibility it is probably smart that I actually link directly to the polls... Here they are by AC:

Operative
Sniper
Mercenary
Powertech
Marauder
Juggernaut
Sorcerer
Assassin

Scoundrel
Gunslinger
Commando
Vanguard
Sentinel
Guardian
Sage
Shadow

Thanks everyone, make sure to vote, and good luck to all the nominations!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
07.25.2013 , 02:34 PM | #172 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I wanted to lay out the rest of the information about the Class Representatives initiative. Mainly specifying the “calendar” for one each AC will be submitting their top 3 and also which side of the mirror will represent them each time! Here is the current schedule, note that the date listed is when the specific Class Rep will need to post the top 3.

Friday 8/2 – Sniper
Friday 8/2 – Sentinel

Friday 8/16 – Sorcerer
Friday 8/16 – Vanguard

Friday 8/30 – Scoundrel
Friday 8/30 – Juggernaut

Friday 9/13 – Shadow
Friday 9/13 – Mercenary

Friday 9/27 – Gunslinger
Friday 9/27 – Marauder

Friday 10/11 – Sage
Friday 10/11 – Powertech

Friday 10/25 – Operative
Friday 10/25 – Guardian

Friday 11/8 – Assassin
Friday 11/8 – Commando

As always if you have any questions feel free to post them in this thread. I will be in touch with individual Reps as they are selected next week. Remember, polling will close on Monday, July 29th.

-eric

TUXs
07.25.2013 , 02:47 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

note that the date listed is when the specific Class Rep will need to post the top 3.

Friday 11/8 – Assassin
Friday 11/8 – Commando

-eric
November?! Seriously Eric? You can't peel more than one person away to speed this up!?
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Kawiki
07.25.2013 , 02:54 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
November?! Seriously Eric? You can't peel more than one person away to speed this up!?
Seriously, Assassins and Commandos are among the 2 classes that really need some questions answered and we have to wait until November. Really??

oofalong
07.25.2013 , 02:59 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
Seriously, Assassins and Commandos are among the 2 classes that really need some questions answered and we have to wait until November. Really??
The Q&A on 9/13 for Mercs and Shadows will be equally relevant.
The Shadowlands
Read my Annihilation | Watchman Compendium & use my model to figure out how to best gear your toon.
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards

You are correct Oofalong.

EricMusco
07.25.2013 , 03:02 PM | #176 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
Remember guys, that November timeline just means that is when the Assassin and Commando Representatives put forward their specific top 3. However, they are exact mirrors to the Shadow and the Mercenary which happen 2 months before that:

Friday 9/13 – Shadow
Friday 9/13 – Mercenary

Don't necessarily just look at your specific class, remember their mirror as the top 3 are likely to be identical. We also plan to encourage one Rep (such as the Shadow) to work hand in hand with their mirror (the Assassin). Also in our responses to each AC we plan to address abilities names for both ACs so folks on both sides can keep track of the answers more easily. Ex: Reference both Maul (Assassin) and Shadow Strike (Shadow).

-eric

TUXs
07.25.2013 , 03:08 PM | #177
Remember guys, that November timeline just means that is when the Assassin and Commando Representatives put forward their specific top 3. However, they are exact mirrors to the Shadow and the Mercenary which happen 2 months before that:

Friday 9/13 – Shadow
Friday 9/13 – Mercenary

Don't necessarily just look at your specific class, remember their mirror as the top 3 are likely to be identical. We also plan to encourage one Rep (such as the Shadow) to work hand in hand with their mirror (the Assassin). Also in our responses to each AC we plan to address abilities names for both ACs so folks on both sides can keep track of the answers more easily. Ex: Reference both Maul (Assassin) and Shadow Strike (Shadow).

-eric
Thank you...that certainly helps to know.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

MillionsKNives
07.25.2013 , 03:11 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
The Q&A on 9/13 for Mercs and Shadows will be equally relevant.
Yup, doesn't really matter which mirror goes first.

The assassin/shadow is still dead last though. The tinfoil hat in me says they're buying as much time as they can before having to discuss assassin tanks . But I'm not much for wearing foil hats.

What are the big things mercs/commandos need though? Overall they seem to be in decent shape.

Kitru
07.25.2013 , 03:36 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
The assassin/shadow is still dead last though. The tinfoil hat in me says they're buying as much time as they can before having to discuss assassin tanks . But I'm not much for wearing foil hats.
The optimist in me is making me think that the developers already recognize the current major issues that face Shadows and Assassins (Phase Walk being terrible and tank spikiness) since we've spent the last 3 months attempting to beat them into their skulls. In essence, they're going to try and push fixes to the existing issues that they already know about before the class reps come up for those classes so that they can get asked about stuff that they're not likely to know about and avoid a crapton of hate that they would have to go through if the question was answered with "a fix is on the way".

The realist in me is thinking that they're buying themselves time to get familiar with said classes that they don't play before they're slammed with questions about the specific design/balance *of* said classes. Shad/Sins are last because the devs have pretty much outright said that none of them *play* Shad/Sins (or, at the very least, none of them play them *seriously* to any extent; ex: none of their in-house testing is done with Shad/Sins *at all*) and the only thing that they use to balance them are abstract formulas because they, quite literally, have no idea how to balance them otherwise since they don't play them enough to understand things from an experiential standpoint.

The pessimist in me is thinking that they're just stringing the community along. Shad/Sins have been pretty much *the* most vocal AC which you can tell by looking at the sheer number of voting options: Shadows have 6 and Assassins have 5, more than any other AC-pair (not to mention the outright *longest* nomination threads). To prevent any bad answers that they're likely to provide from hemorrhaging players as their *lack* of communication was threatening to do before they decided to implement the class rep system, they're putting Shadows and Assassins last in the lists to buy themselves more time.

All-in-all, I'm kind of irked that Shadows and Assassins are going to be last and more than a bit perturbed that it's only 2 ACs every 2 weeks. I realize that they're busy, but is it really all that difficult to schedule an hour every week for the dev team to look at questions from the players? Of course, it's apparently too difficult for the combat team to actually spend an hour or so every week keeping abreast of the forums themselves so I guess it might *still* be asking a bit much of them (I have to wonder how hard the community team had to argue with the combat team to get them to make even *this* small of a compromise on dealing with the community directly; I get the feeling that they likely had to get "dad and mom", i.e. the producers/execs, to *tell* the combat team that they had to do it).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Pistols
07.25.2013 , 03:39 PM | #180
I'm only saddened that if these all go well, we won't see any PvE, PvP, Space, Crafting & RP Reps till next year (if they decide to add them).

/emote_tears