Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No servers?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HiCalibre
07.23.2013 , 02:13 PM | #1
I log in, the game loads, but there are no servers for me to select, I believe this patch has caused the issue because I was fine until yesterday.

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 02:21 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings HiCalibre,

Thanks for contacting us.

There are a few steps below that I would like you to try:
  • Try running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.
  • Removing and Re-adding the launcher (launcher.exe) and the game client (swtor.exe) to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.
  • Flushing your DNS cache
  • Please ensure that the Ports that the game requires have been opened on your launcher.
Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

HiCalibre
07.23.2013 , 02:23 PM | #3
Now it says the launcher in unavailable and I didn't do anything and I can't click anything.

HiCalibre
07.23.2013 , 03:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings HiCalibre,

Thanks for contacting us.

There are a few steps below that I would like you to try:
  • Try running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.
  • Removing and Re-adding the launcher (launcher.exe) and the game client (swtor.exe) to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.
  • Flushing your DNS cache
  • Please ensure that the Ports that the game requires have been opened on your launcher.
Thanks for your patience.
So when will the launcher actually work?

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 03:18 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Try rebooting your PC and router.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please try downloading the latest available version of the launcher and setup files from here. I would then advise making sure it's added to the firewall/Anti-Virus again.

Thank you.

HiCalibre
07.23.2013 , 03:29 PM | #6
Try rebooting your PC and router.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please try downloading the latest available version of the launcher and setup files from here. I would then advise making sure it's added to the firewall/Anti-Virus again.

Thank you.
That did absolutely nothing, restarted computer and router, checked firewall/Anti-Virus, nothing. Its the patch, second time stuff like this has happened in the past month, I recommend that the developer team starts making better patches.

HiCalibre
07.23.2013 , 03:31 PM | #7
The launcher won't even start, I can't repair or anything and this was after I downloaded the patch and exited the game when I couldn't see any servers.

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 04:19 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Do you get an error message when the launcher fails to open, from your other post you mention that you mention the 'login service is currently unavailable' error so I assume this is where you are?

Try deleting the 'Patch' folder in your game files. Another common cause of this error can be if your Time & Date are incorrectly set, this may not be the issue for yourself, but it's worth checking.

Thank you.

HiCalibre
07.23.2013 , 04:29 PM | #9
Do you get an error message when the launcher fails to open, from your other post you mention that you mention the 'login service is currently unavailable' error so I assume this is where you are?

Try deleting the 'Patch' folder in your game files. Another common cause of this error can be if your Time & Date are incorrectly set, this may not be the issue for yourself, but it's worth checking.

Thank you.
It won't even do anything after I deleted the patch folder, its completely frozen, just fades out and says "The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service."

HiCalibre
07.23.2013 , 05:56 PM | #10
The launcher fades and won't let me enter anything to log in, looks like this is it for me playing swtor, not even working after re-install.