Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.2.3 Down load frozen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ugottophered
07.23.2013 , 01:03 PM | #1
Hey guys,

My patch 2.2.3 download has frozen at 79%. I have never had any issues with other downloads and my internet speed is well in doubt. Closing and restarting does not work. Any suggestions? thx

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 01:06 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ugottophered,

Thanks for contacting us.

What part of the patch is it freezing on? (I.e. Main Asset 123, Game Client 5)

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

ugottophered
07.23.2013 , 01:08 PM | #3
Game client 107...thanks for the quick response

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 01:12 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the info.

With the launcher closed, please go into the game folder and delete this file:
  • retailclient_swtor.version
Please then try patching again.

ugottophered
07.23.2013 , 01:17 PM | #5
Froze again. This while while installing game client 1 (58%)

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 02:21 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for trying that.

Please can you try getting the latest version of the launcher from here, then deleting that file and trying again. Let us know if this changes where the installation is stalling or if it remains the same.

Thanks.

KurganNazzir
07.23.2013 , 03:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Thanks for the info.

With the launcher closed, please go into the game folder and delete this file:
  • retailclient_swtor.version
Please then try patching again.

I, too, was getting stuck only without a percentage being displayed. I went in and deleted the file, started the launcher again, and it worked for me so thanks for this.

OP: I don't know if it matters or not, but in my case I also deleted the folder called retailclient_swtor_105to106 when I deleted the file mentioned above and when I ran the launcher again, it patched quickly. and I'm in game now. You might give it a try because deleting that folder isn't going to harm anything, it gets downloaded again as soon as you run the launcher since it's the folder that has the patch zip file inside.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

NinjaForcePirate
07.25.2013 , 01:36 AM | #8
Alrighty, same problem only I'm only able to get to 13%. I've deleted the file and redownloaded/installed the launcher. I run it, it downloads, installs, needs repairs, scans, begins repairs at during which it returns to install and just freezes at 13%. As I've been trying to get on for 17 hours now I'm eagerly awaiting further instructions.

I've just finished deleting my cache then restarting (no effect) and deleting the patch folder then restarting in safe mode. This made it stop at 2% instead of 13%! Flying blind here...

Managed to put on my Batman thinking cap and realized the point of the logs - OPEN THE LOG AND SEE WHAT ERROR'D OUT YOUR INSTALL, THEN DELETE IT. Of course, make sure the launcher's closed and what not.. After nearly 36 hours, sussed it out for meself.

Myorg
08.17.2013 , 11:20 AM | #9
hi, same problem, i'm frozen at "installing main asset 127 0%"

tried several time to quit and restart, but it stops always at the same point. what can I do?

thanks for help in advance!