Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frequent C++ Crashes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthZaul
07.23.2013 , 12:25 PM | #1
The last few weeks I often get C++ crashes with a message that says 'the application needs to terminate in an unusual way' and has to close the game.

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 01:06 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DarthZaul,

Thanks for contacting us.

Does this happen after a certain amount of time? Does it happen when you do something specific In-Game?

Please make sure you have downloaded all the available updates from Windows Update. It may also be worth downloading the files here, so see if this will make an difference to the issue.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

DarthZaul
08.06.2013 , 01:28 PM | #3
Downloading the thing in the link fixed it. Thanks.

Bronholz
08.06.2013 , 01:30 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

NerdTech
08.06.2013 , 02:33 PM | #5
I am also getting this since the patch, can you advise me on the exact file(s) to download since there are many of them? (a direct link might be good)...

-thanks

Bronholz
08.06.2013 , 02:37 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings NerdTech,

You should just be able to download 'Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3' from the link in my first post.

Thanks.

NerdTech
08.06.2013 , 02:43 PM | #7
I am also getting this since the patch, can you advise me on the exact file(s) to download since there are many of them? (a direct link might be good)...

-thanks

Bronholz
08.06.2013 , 03:36 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Well here's a copy of the link that was in my first post in this thread: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/downl....aspx?id=30679

NerdTech
08.06.2013 , 04:16 PM | #9
Hi... I have installed the files (x86 and x64 versions) with no success. This is what I have done so far:
  • Ran swtor repair and rebooted pc
  • Windows updates (no new updates)
  • Installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 and rebooted PC
  • Added swtor folder and sub-folders to my anti-virus exclusion list just in-case there's a problem

Still getting the crashes, bare in mind again this has only started happening post patch... I have not done any extensive testing yet but it appears to be happening in the landing area of CZ-198 and that long bridge leading to the rep vendor area... I have not tested it on other planets yet though...

hope someone can help.....