Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REing other people's crafted armorings for schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
REing other people's crafted armorings for schematics

JidaiDerriphan
07.21.2013 , 11:19 AM | #1
Pre 2.0 it was possible if you stuck it in gear and extracted it, you could RE the armoring with a chance to learn the schematic. Is this still the case?
"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species… finally, the galaxy itself."
―Darth Plagueis
JidaiDerriphan Account Created Date:03.28.09
My Refer a Friend link*: Http://www.swtor.com/r/fhKgVR
*7 Days of FREE Membership, a FREE Character Transfer, and Box of goodies you'll receive via in-game mail!

cchwolf
07.21.2013 , 12:47 PM | #2
I haven't tested it myself...but best bet would be to buy the cheapest green item on the gtn that you don't know the blue version as a test. Then when you click RE, the tooltip will either say ''20% chance to learn a new schematic'' or else ''no research available''.

Darevsool
07.22.2013 , 07:18 AM | #3
I don't think you can anymore. There was a big "uproar" about it around the time 2.0 came out and Bioware sided with the people who didn't want that functionality.

If I remember correctly.

AidanLightwalker
07.22.2013 , 08:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
I don't think you can anymore. There was a big "uproar" about it around the time 2.0 came out and Bioware sided with the people who didn't want that functionality.

If I remember correctly.
I believe you can still do this. And Bioware basically said it wasn't intentional but that they where not really bothered by it either. I can't remember where the thread is, but I do believe this is how it went down. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

DataBeaver
07.23.2013 , 04:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
And Bioware basically said it wasn't intentional but that they where not really bothered by it either. I can't remember where the thread is, but I do believe this is how it went down. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
That's pretty much correct. They also said that they might prevent it in the future, but I haven't personally seen any announcement of it having been changed.