Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Valis (Jedi Knight)

Flashmansblade
07.21.2013 , 09:44 AM | #1
Every time I get near Valis throws me down and hits with lightning strikes. I don't have interrupts so is near impossible to fight him have tried various strategies with both companions with no luck.

ZirusZero
07.21.2013 , 10:25 AM | #2
Get medpacks, stims. Also, try having you or your companion leap to him during cast times.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

shonenjumpstyle
07.21.2013 , 10:47 AM | #3
What level are you? I was level 27 when I fought him with orange gear with commendation mods and I beat him very easily with my guardian tank. I am assuming you are a sentinel, and since Kira is required in that fight, DPS on DPS does not make for a very happy ending. Assuming your T7 is well geared I would suggest dying and summoning T7 if you don't have to replay the cutscene every time you lose to him. I believe Force Stasis works on him which you get at level 25 I think. If none of these work, join the WZ or GF queue and level up a few times. Also if you see circles on the ground you'd be best to run away from them.

swtonewbie
07.21.2013 , 01:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Flashmansblade View Post
Every time I get near Valis throws me down and hits with lightning strikes. I don't have interrupts so is near impossible to fight him have tried various strategies with both companions with no luck.
You also have a big ole conex box/freight container box right next to you guys in the fight area. That big freight/shipping container looking thing can be used to LOS his casts against you. Its hard to give you specific advice since 'have tried various strats' is kinda vague...you also didnt mention your level, gear quality, or AC. Since you were so vague you are going to get a wide range of suggestions, some of which you may or may not have tried.
I'm not really a noob...

Nmyownworld
07.22.2013 , 05:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by swtonewbie View Post
Its hard to give you specific advice since 'have tried various strats' is kinda vague...you also didnt mention your level, gear quality, or AC. Since you were so vague you are going to get a wide range of suggestions, some of which you may or may not have tried.
^^This.

I completed this fight with my Jedi Guardian, using Kira. Check Kira's companion abilities quickbar before you start the fight. I've noticed that changing instances sometimes clears some companion abilities, and I have to set them again.

I remember that I used Kira as cannon fodder. I sent her in first, and had her draw most of the aggro. Eventually, Kira was defeated, but my Jedi Guardian wasn't, so it worked well enough.

As has been recommended, when you pull too much aggro, and Valis focuses his attacks on you, move, run. Break Valis' line of sight. Don't stand still, and just take the damage.

Medpacks, and stims, yes. As a Jedi Guardian, I used a Biochem (not vendor) might stim which provided a boost to both strength, and power. If you don't have a character with Biochem, check the GTN for stims.

Armoring, and weapons. I never fought with Kira, so I had to upgrade all her armor, and weapons before fighting Valis.