Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'Best' Class Story?

Dovahkiwi
07.20.2013 , 03:30 PM | #1
Title says all. What is the 'best' class story. By best I mean your own personal favourite. Mine would have to be the Bounty Hunter story. I love how personal it is and I most of the companions are well written are and just generally awesome.

So which class (story) do you think is the best and why?

SithKoriandr
07.20.2013 , 03:42 PM | #2
Personal favorite, and not just which one I thought was done the best?

After all things are factored in...Story/Companions/Line Delivery...

I'm going to have to say Bounty Hunter. Good lines (not as good as Inquisitor or Smuggler), good story (Great Hunt was the only really disappointing part of the story imo), good end boss (at least LS option with taking on the Sith...not sure who darkside takes on), and except for Skadge, a good crew make up. Mako, Torian, Gault and Blizz are great to have on the crew!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Bleeters
07.20.2013 , 04:17 PM | #3
Personal favourite would be the Imperial Agent, with the Sith Warrior story a close second (as opposed to split favourite) only on the basis that I kind of expected the start of chapter three twist to happen before I even got off Korriban.

They're all good in their own way to me, though :P

Aurbere
07.20.2013 , 04:24 PM | #4
Jedi Consular story was my favorite.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Callaron
07.20.2013 , 04:49 PM | #5
I'm gonna cast my vote for Imperial Agent.
Good plot, good villains and good pacing.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

SithKoriandr
07.20.2013 , 07:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
They're all good in their own way to me, though :P
They are! It becomes hard to rate them and choose which is the favorite. Why I had to split it all up into all factors.

Kinda wish I could mix and match companions!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

sinfulace
07.20.2013 , 08:31 PM | #7
sith inquis

Jenzali
07.20.2013 , 08:33 PM | #8
I believe that the Agent story is the best when you look at it objectively. It definitely won't be everyone's favorite, especially if you are looking for a "glorious hero" saga, or the "power fantasy", but...

-It has the most cohesive plotline, everything is unified and it all matters from Act 1 to Act 3.
-It has the most crossovers with other storylines in the game, whether from other classes or referencing other planet storylines, and therefore makes you feel the most immersed in the story as things are happening around you all the time.
-The choices in the game have the most profound impact, it goes way beyond simply who lives or dies (for example, in both Jedi stories and the Sith Inquisitor, the light/dark choice-making dichotomy is more along the lines of "save the orphans" vs. "kill the kittens" which is a sign of poor writing).
-It is the only storyline where the player character is truly treated as an intelligent person in their own right by the NPCs, and there is very convincing impetus throughout for the player character to re-evaluate their morals, beliefs, and ideals, rather than the more artificial examples like "becoming a Mandalorian" or "seeing a Light-side apparition and therefore deciding to be Light side".
-It has perhaps the most memorable "villains" (Darth Jadus, Watcher X, Ardun Kothe, Hunter), though this is up for debate.
-It is the only story with multiple endings. If I recall correctly, Chapter 1 has four possible endings and Chapter 3 has five, plus all the various paths that you could have taken to get there.

The only complaint I have is that the companions are just too "bizarre", if that word could be used. Normally that is not a problem because it makes for memorable characters. However, when playing as a spy, I would want to seem as inconspicuous as possible. Thus having a psychopath, a joiner, a rakghoul, a Force-sensitive, or a female robot following me around everywhere would attract too much attention. Therefore I did not use companions in cutscenes, only on the ship.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Quellryloth
07.20.2013 , 11:47 PM | #9
I've played through 5 of them to the end of Chapter 3 so far (Consular, Warrior, Knight, Agent, Inquisitor) and the Trooper up to Belsavis. The only one that really stands out is the Imperial Agent. It's the best written and also the only one which I want to replay to see the different choices. It's too bad you can't just replay the class story and I just don't have the time to level another Agent to 50.

ZakRoks
07.21.2013 , 12:00 AM | #10
I have to say Jedi Knight is my favorite