Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theory on the Emperor's Fate [SPOILERS]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Theory on the Emperor's Fate [SPOILERS]

Path-x
07.20.2013 , 11:15 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I think it would have been quite cool to find out that the Emperor died ages ago, and all the time its just been a big myth to keep people in line. But hey, his story is interesting and an interesting exploration of lore pertaining to the Force.
Yes that would be the most sound way to deal with it. But sadly they made that option invalid with Revan novel.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Darth_Wicked
07.20.2013 , 02:32 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
To me, Emperor (the real one) was killed by JK. If that was not the case then it would make the entire JK storyline, as well as Revan novel, pointless and ridiculous.

I hated the whole 1000 years old almighty Emperor in the first place.
As ridiculous as Palpatine having a legion of clones I assume? Either, fail to see why it would be ridiculous, not to mention it would be lame to say the least to restrict the Galaxy's greatest villain to a single class storyline.

It's pretty obvious, yet again, for someone with a brain, that the Emperor will eventually return as an operations or flashpoint boss, available for both factions, since his agenda places him against everyone in the Galaxy, not just the Republic or Jedi order.

Beniboybling
07.20.2013 , 02:40 PM | #73
Yes that would be the most sound way to deal with it. But sadly they made that option invalid with Revan novel.
Not necessarily, the Emperor has 1,000 years after that to die. That said it would leave Revan as a loose end. I'm not saying that its the best option, but it would have been interesting. We shall see how the Emperor's story unfolds.

Selenial
07.20.2013 , 03:06 PM | #74

But perhaps there is room for interpretation. Perhaps the Emperor no longer has a true body and is solely comprised of Voice's... which would make what the Hand's told us to be true, from a certain point of view.
Obi-wan? Obi-wan is that you?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Path-x
07.20.2013 , 04:58 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
As ridiculous as Palpatine having a legion of clones I assume? Either, fail to see why it would be ridiculous, not to mention it would be lame to say the least to restrict the Galaxy's greatest villain to a single class storyline.
It would make the JK storyline redundant and pointless if he/she didn't kill the Emperor. And since JK storyline is directly linked with Revan novel, it would make Meetra's and Revan's sacrifice ridiculous, as well as Scourge's decision.

Emperor is not restricted to a single class. He is a major plot point in every class' storyline. If you meant that every class should be able to fight him, then you are asking for a lame cheap content. That I just cannot approve.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
It's pretty obvious, yet again, for someone with a brain, that the Emperor will eventually return as an operations or flashpoint boss, available for both factions, since his agenda places him against everyone in the Galaxy, not just the Republic or Jedi order.
That would be BW making profit with lame PVE crap at expense of making the main TOR storyline stupid.

Beniboybling
07.20.2013 , 05:24 PM | #76
It would make the JK storyline redundant and pointless if he/she didn't kill the Emperor. And since JK storyline is directly linked with Revan novel, it would make Meetra's and Revan's sacrifice ridiculous, as well as Scourge's decision.

Emperor is not restricted to a single class. He is a major plot point in every class' storyline. If you meant that every class should be able to fight him, then you are asking for a lame cheap content. That I just cannot approve.
That is a point, I hadn't considered that Scourge in fact had a vision of the Jedi Knight defeating the Emperor. The real Emperor. To be quite honest, the idea that it was simply another voice seems quite out of place.

Path-x
07.20.2013 , 05:35 PM | #77
That is a point, I hadn't considered that Scourge in fact had a vision of the Jedi Knight defeating the Emperor. The real Emperor. To be quite honest, the idea that it was simply another voice seems quite out of place.
"Out of place" is the mildest possible term for something like that.

Beniboybling
07.20.2013 , 05:42 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Obi-wan? Obi-wan is that you?
Selenial, use the Force.

RevanKnight
07.22.2013 , 11:08 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by longinoch View Post
I agree with most of what you are thinking, after playing the JK story came away from Voss thinking that Sel Makor had taught the Emperor how to become a living mass of energy within the Force much like Sel Makor is. So when the knight kills what I believed to be the Emperor's real body (the Revan Novel be dammed) the disappearance of his body was him transforming in to such a mass of energy. Thus paving the way for the hand to tell the SW that the Emperor is alive and in a new voice recovering. This also means a sacrifice of the Knight or the Consular will be necessary to destroy the Emperor for good.
I thought Sel Makor was referring to Darth Baras when it mentioned the sith who visited it.

torinas
07.24.2013 , 02:07 PM | #80
Vitiate was/is a pure-blooded male sith, so it's obvious the JK didn't kill his real body. As shown on Voss, killing the 'voice' has zero effect on the Emperor besides being a massive inconvenience until he gets another one.

Your point about him being enraged at the JK is valid, until you remember that the Emperor has actually known for some time who his would be murderer is. He was genuinely trying to kill you first, and his rage was likely due to the fact that you've inconvenienced him.

What he did to his home planet made his original body immortal, so it's highly plausible that he returns to it when he's not possessing something. Voices are likely just an additional protection against inevitable Sith murder plots.