Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do all the space stations look the same?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why do all the space stations look the same?

Erevan_Kindelar
02.27.2012 , 06:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeta View Post
That architect must be swimming in credits, selling his plans to the Empire planet stations and fleet, Republic planet stations and fleet, Port Nowhere, Maelstrom Prison, Llanic Station, Balosar Outpost, etc etc etc.
Somebody has never bought his furniture from IKEA...
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

DesmoASD
02.27.2012 , 02:19 PM | #12
Also before the Empire invaded everything was republic so it possible (although unlikely) that they are all built from a master plan so that no matter what planet you are on you will know where all the important stuff is in the facility. And the cost would be less as it can be pre-fab.

The Empire would not waste resources demolishing everything then rebuilding it just to be different.
HAF X V2 l Rampage IV Formula l i7 3930K @ 4.4Ghz l Zotac GTX 680 4GB l Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1600MHz l
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling l 240GB Corsair Force Series GT SSD

BacaWicket
07.20.2013 , 02:21 PM | #13
Hate how all space stations look the same. at least make the pub stations different from imp stations like i don't know copy off of the space stations from EAW?

AlexDougherty
07.21.2013 , 03:12 AM | #14
Has anyone else mentioned they all sort of look like the Deep Space Nine Station from Star Trek.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlrikFassbauer
07.21.2013 , 05:55 AM | #15
I'd like to meet the company in-game that sells all of this modular space station interieur designs.

ApostleThirst
07.21.2013 , 09:47 AM | #16
I just want the space stations to be gone. They're annoying to travel through, and I'd rather land my ship on a groundside space port.

LadyKulvax
07.21.2013 , 11:02 AM | #17
They were all built by the Republic.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Euphrosyne
07.21.2013 , 02:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ApostleThirst View Post
I just want the space stations to be gone. They're annoying to travel through, and I'd rather land my ship on a groundside space port.
Sure, but on a lot of the planets there isn't really a plausible reason to have a spaceport. How would you justify one on Ilum, for instance? Or Belsavis?
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Beniboybling
07.21.2013 , 04:40 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Sure, but on a lot of the planets there isn't really a plausible reason to have a spaceport. How would you justify one on Ilum, for instance? Or Belsavis?
And how would you justify having both Republic and Imperial space stations over contested space?

Did nobody think to send a squadron of bombers to blow the others up? No wonder this was has being going on for over three decades...