Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Logitech G13 and SWTOR

SkunkWerks
07.07.2013 , 08:10 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
I just got this so I realize I have to retrain muscle memory and whatnot to be able to use it, but I don't even want to start that till I have things programmed the way I want it so I can get used to it the way I intend to use it.

Having said that I like keyboards for typing, as such I've only used my mouse to play SWTOR till now, yes, that trackball jumping from one on screen button to the next is clunky hence the upgrade to the gamepad.

Once I finally have it programmed and have a week to get used to it I expect my game experience will increase 10 fold. Just wish there was an easy way to program this thing. *sigh*
It takes some experimenting, yeah- and no small amount of retraining that 'kinetic memory'. It's like learning to drive standard- sooner or later, you stop thinking about what gear you're in and where you're putting it, you just do. That kinetic memory becomes so strong that you find yourself doing it even when you're driving an automatic.

Generally speaking I set up a synchronicity between the keys and my action bars that places as many of my commonly used abilities directly under where my fingers- by default- tend to rest. This rule-by-proximity approach usually gives me a layout that works for me.

joenewbie
07.07.2013 , 08:15 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post
It takes some experimenting, yeah- and no small amount of retraining that 'kinetic memory'. It's like learning to drive standard- sooner or later, you stop thinking about what gear you're in and where you're putting it, you just do. That kinetic memory becomes so strong that you find yourself doing it even when you're driving an automatic.

Generally speaking I set up a synchronicity between the keys and my action bars that places as many of my commonly used abilities directly under where my fingers- by default- tend to rest. This rule-by-proximity approach usually gives me a layout that works for me.
Have you ever used the quick macro option to program in several moves at once.... like a rotation for a single mob? Supposedly the macro can be set to record your natural pauses in hitting the keys, I'm asking because I'm curious if it works or if it can get caught up in internet lag and then your rotation is messed up.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

SkunkWerks
07.07.2013 , 08:22 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
Have you ever used the quick macro option to program in several moves at once.... like a rotation for a single mob? Supposedly the macro can be set to record your natural pauses in hitting the keys, I'm asking because I'm curious if it works or if it can get caught up in internet lag and then your rotation is messed up.
I've never really gotten quite so complex where I'm macro'ing for movement- that I typically handle with a combination of the thumbstick on the g13 (for direction) and my mouse (for steering).

I actually used to be very good with a trackball. I could free-spin the ball to make snap-turns that were pretty damn accurate. Strangely, no one makes a gaming trackball with extra buttons like the Naga. I'd buy that product in a heartbeat.

But to more directly answer your question, yes the macro editor can be tuned to record pauses between keys.

Settings>Quick Macros> Record pauses

That would make the macro recorder do this by default. I believe there's also an instance-specific option on each macro recording window you open.

joenewbie
07.07.2013 , 08:27 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post
I've never really gotten quite so complex where I'm macro'ing for movement- that I typically handle with a combination of the thumbstick on the g13 (for direction) and my mouse (for steering).

I actually used to be very good with a trackball. I could free-spin the ball to make snap-turns that were pretty damn accurate. Strangely, no one makes a gaming trackball with extra buttons like the Naga. I'd buy that product in a heartbeat.

But to more directly answer your question, yes the macro editor can be tuned to record pauses between keys.

Settings>Quick Macros> Record pauses

That would make the macro recorder do this by default. I believe there's also an instance-specific option on each macro recording window you open.
Thanks for the info, yeah I can't live without my trackball, I use the forward webpage key to autorun/speeder movement the back to select next target and then the mouse pointer to click on attacks and buffs and everything, and that spinning move is indeed awesome.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.