Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage melee damage?!

Sarielle
07.06.2013 , 05:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
When you can ravage and devour an opponent with force attacks alone.. and from range... why on earth would you want to take time to walk up and whack them with a saber????
Because nothing ever gets within melee range of you, ever.

True. A cloth wearing healer has no business within 30 yards of a fight. Nor does a cloth wearing ranged attacker.
You don't PvP much, do you?

Add me to the list of "would love for saber attacks to remain even marginally useful/viable."
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |

Andryah
07.06.2013 , 05:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarielle View Post
Because nothing ever gets within melee range of you, ever.

You don't PvP much, do you?

Add me to the list of "would love for saber attacks to remain even marginally useful/viable."
As a class, you have abilities to mitigate an aggressor closing to melee range, as do all ranged classes. Learn to use it.

As for PvP.... PvP is a team sport and you have those same melee range mitigation abilities for when you are caught alone. As a ranged healer or damage dealer.. if you or your team allow you to be melee'ed.. you deserve to die. Learn to PvP IMO.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Sarielle
07.06.2013 , 05:44 PM | #23
As a class, you have abilities to mitigate an aggressor closing to melee range, as do all ranged classes. Learn to use it.

As for PvP.... PvP is a team sport and you have those same melee range mitigation abilities for when you are caught alone. As a ranged healer or damage dealer.. if you or your team allow you to be melee'ed.. you deserve to die. Learn to PvP IMO.
So ... you don't PvP much. I gotcha.
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |

Andryah
07.06.2013 , 10:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarielle View Post
So ... you don't PvP much. I gotcha.
Incorrect ad hominem.

Care to try again?
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Fluffyburrito
07.07.2013 , 12:27 AM | #25
Even if your melee skills were "buffed", (Your TWO melee skills) you'd never use them. I can literally think of no spec that would want to use double-strike/auto attack over anything else.

If you really want to get out of melee range then you aren't abusing the metric ton of CC sages have.

If you really want to get into the "lore" then realize that your sage IS trained to use a saber, it's just that he's so proficient with the force he doesn't need to.

AlrikFassbauer
07.07.2013 , 05:14 AM | #26
If you go "Sage" (or Sorc) then you are a caster. Your saber is a stat stick, and perhaps a glowrod for use in dark places. Using it for melee will just result in self-inflicted injury on yourself.
Sounds to me like close-mindedness in collaboration with self-righeousness.

Or, to put it into other words : You believe that everyone should believe what you believe in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.

Vinjar
07.07.2013 , 05:58 AM | #27
I don't know what the sage equivalents are but as a sorcerer you have two lovely instant casts in lighting strike and shock (ok, well if Force Bending procs) that are great for pvp if anyone is able to get close to you. With DOTs and such I rarely have a problem with a melee player.

If I decide to pvp fully healer specced, I can easily out heal one or two player's damage. And I am not really that good of a pvper.

If you want to hit stuff with a lighsaber roll an assassin, juggernaut, marauder, sentinel, guardian, or shadow.

Vinjar
07.07.2013 , 05:59 AM | #28

This.

swtonewbie
07.07.2013 , 12:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Sounds to me like close-mindedness in collaboration with self-righeousness.

Or, to put it into other words : You believe that everyone should believe what you believe in.
How are those strength hilts working out for your Sage?
I'm not really a noob...

Anosa
07.07.2013 , 12:33 PM | #30
sages are meant to be ranged. Thats why
Meow