Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash Monkeys: You might not get a nerf, but don't expect respect.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP

Aaroneus
07.06.2013 , 11:37 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
It can be OP when its a team of smashers playing ring-a-round the healer = big smash bomb ever 3-5 seconds from one of them.
so essentially what you're saying is: focusing targets is OP. /sigh

Vasagi
07.06.2013 , 11:42 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post

So tired of easymode in this game. One of the saddest forms of easymode is a ring of smash monkeys all hoppin up and down in a circle around a healer. You make the game so boring.
A healer should easily be able to survive 3 or more dps attacking him. If the healer dies, it means the 4 dps players attacking him are overpowered.

Conversely, if a dps player can't kill a healer, healing isn't overpowered, the dps player just needs to "learn2play baddie".

SOULCASTER
07.06.2013 , 05:09 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Copperheadr View Post
I DESPISE the bunny hopping in circles, it's so far from the epic Star Wars combat...I wish the devs would implement something like a stamina bar that would deplete after a couple of jumps/running around.
I agree with this. I'd also like to see a 'mind' bar as well, deplete when mentally intensive abilities were used. And a Force bar when force abilities are used! So then there would be a Health, Action, Mind and Force bars that players would have to skillfully balance and manage at the same time!

Oh wait, i think this has been done before...

Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Freedannad
07.09.2013 , 07:53 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by soulcaster View Post
i agree with this. I'd also like to see a 'mind' bar as well, deplete when mentally intensive abilities were used. And a force bar when force abilities are used! So then there would be a health, action, mind and force bars that players would have to skillfully balance and manage at the same time!

mind fire ftw!!!

DarthBloodloss
07.09.2013 , 02:04 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Freedannad View Post
mind fire ftw!!!
Avoid Incap. Best ability ever. Its like a 3-4min version of Undying Rage.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

kweassa
07.09.2013 , 04:38 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
I agree with this. I'd also like to see a 'mind' bar as well, deplete when mentally intensive abilities were used. And a Force bar when force abilities are used! So then there would be a Health, Action, Mind and Force bars that players would have to skillfully balance and manage at the same time!

I think we need to do that with the forums too, so if someone posts a stupid idea or a whining tantrum, the "idiot" bar would fill up, and at full idiocy, the person gets banned from the forums for 24 hours.

That'd certainly help with the average intelligence of these boards by an IQ point of 30.
"To everything, there is a first step. The first steps in becoming better at PvP, is to acknowledge the fact that you totally suck. There's no shame in this -- even the greatest of players have been there, done that.
Stop complaining. Ask more questions. People are happy to help."

frankiejo
07.10.2013 , 02:19 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
I think we need to do that with the forums too, so if someone posts a stupid idea or a whining tantrum, the "idiot" bar would fill up, and at full idiocy, the person gets banned from the forums for 24 hours.

That'd certainly help with the average intelligence of these boards by an IQ point of 30.
I'm afraid you're ******e bar has been filled for the current cycle and you will be barred from responding for 24 hours or until you can not come off as an ******e.
Bergeron Colony
Khaeldar - Marauder
Beth'adone - Operative
P-Chloride - Sorcerer

Boch
07.10.2013 , 02:23 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post

If they did this, how would I entertain myself at work?
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Ottoattack
07.10.2013 , 03:11 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Freedannad View Post
Your problem isn't that smash is "OP" it is that you are not smart enough to move out of the range of smash. When I see a bunch of smashers crowding me on my sorc take a guess what I do. OVERLOAD AND RUN AWAY!!!! If you stand there and try to heal through it you deserve to go down fast. Learn to play the game that exists now instead of hoping they will change the game to your playstyle. That is just childish.
WHAT? Are you trying to say that face tanking sorc should not QQ ?

Even though my main is sorc healer, I strongly don't support smash nerf. Smashers do exactly what they are designed, create space for allied healers and ranged dps and demolish piled up enemies. The unfortunate part is aside from snipers, warriors and deception sins, none of the dps classes and most dps trees do not work well in PvP, thus most people come crying for smash nerf, but PvP problems run way much deeper than that.

Aetrus
07.10.2013 , 04:48 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Even though my main is sorc healer, I strongly don't support smash nerf. Smashers do exactly what they are designed, create space for allied healers and ranged dps and demolish piled up enemies. The unfortunate part is aside from snipers, warriors and deception sins, none of the dps classes and most dps trees do not work well in PvP, thus most people come crying for smash nerf, but PvP problems run way much deeper than that.
Deception Sins...working well as a DPS class? lol. I love being useful every minute and 15 seconds. Because if you're playing against good teams and are one of the main DPS, you're not getting out of combat to benefit from Electric Ambush. Without Recklessness Shock hits for 2.5k, Discharge with less than 3 stacks hits for less than Voltiac Slash. Terror.

Smash is whatever. One is usually not a problem. But the way it works is why every good RWZ team runs 2 or more smashers. Because Double Smash is OP. Too much burst AoE damage. And as someone who has a marauder and usually plays Rage in rateds (except Civil War and Huttball where I Carnage), I don't think its very fair that Rage will pull the highest damaging numbers and also be the tankiest out of all marauder specs. I would love to run Annihilation more because its my favorite spec. But you have less CC and defense than the other two trees while doing no more damage than either of them. As a tradeoff, you get some crappy nerfed self-heals. Oh, and every healer can cleanse my ****. Fk. So I get pissed off and go Rage so I can piss everyone else off, too.