Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This makes no sense...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This makes no sense...

Xanas's Avatar


Xanas
07.06.2013 , 08:07 AM | #1
Hi,

I have no idea if others got over this (and probably they have...) but why in he bloody hell are people allowed in WZ's when they don't have an advanced class? Makes no sense.

This would also be a good way to notify people (new ones) that they are missing half the class.

If they feel like playing alone (even for those that feel like playing like this) they can go right ahead BUT they should NOT be allowed to play anything involving a group as they are a detriment to said group...

stupidsyrup's Avatar


stupidsyrup
07.06.2013 , 09:20 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
Hi,

I have no idea if others got over this (and probably they have...) but why in he bloody hell are people allowed in WZ's when they don't have an advanced class? Makes no sense.

This would also be a good way to notify people (new ones) that they are missing half the class.

If they feel like playing alone (even for those that feel like playing like this) they can go right ahead BUT they should NOT be allowed to play anything involving a group as they are a detriment to said group...
2 things:

1. 90% of the time it's noobs that have never done something like this before, don't know where to learn their Advanced Class, and wanted to know what the little Republic/Empire symbol in the corner did when they click on it.

2. That other 10% are brave souls who like to challenge themselves by limiting their abilities and seeing if they have true skill.

So if they kept people with no AC out of WZ's, the noobs would be wondering what it meant when their screen says "Must have Advanced Class first." and the pros would be whining they're not getting enough of a challenge.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

Xanas's Avatar


Xanas
07.07.2013 , 05:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidsyrup View Post
2 things:

1. 90% of the time it's noobs that have never done something like this before, don't know where to learn their Advanced Class, and wanted to know what the little Republic/Empire symbol in the corner did when they click on it.

2. That other 10% are brave souls who like to challenge themselves by limiting their abilities and seeing if they have true skill.

So if they kept people with no AC out of WZ's, the noobs would be wondering what it meant when their screen says "Must have Advanced Class first." and the pros would be whining they're not getting enough of a challenge.
The nobs will get information below the error sign on how to get that advanced class and what it is.
Those who like the challenge themselves can do it in some other place and NOT in team play where they are handicapping said team. Nobody and I mean nobody in this game can come even close to the same performance they would have with an advanced class and so they should NOT be allowed inside a team environment ... Imagine going in some raids with no advanced spec and the guild leader having no problem with it... Seriously who would do that? So why should this be allowed in pvp?

Dacce's Avatar


Dacce
07.07.2013 , 06:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
The nobs will get information below the error sign on how to get that advanced class and what it is.
Those who like the challenge themselves can do it in some other place and NOT in team play where they are handicapping said team. Nobody and I mean nobody in this game can come even close to the same performance they would have with an advanced class and so they should NOT be allowed inside a team environment ... Imagine going in some raids with no advanced spec and the guild leader having no problem with it... Seriously who would do that? So why should this be allowed in pvp?
Handicapping a team..???

Seriously??

You know I have been in a WZ on my healer (10-29 bracket) and I have seen a level 14 Trooper out damage the rest of the pug team. Sometimes, those people are better than you.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

KettleBelll's Avatar


KettleBelll
07.07.2013 , 06:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
Handicapping a team..???

Seriously??

You know I have been in a WZ on my healer (10-29 bracket) and I have seen a level 14 Trooper out damage the rest of the pug team. Sometimes, those people are better than you.

This guy.... he'll never understand what you are trying to say OP. This is why we need to push education in our schools.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
07.07.2013 , 06:44 PM | #6
It's mostly players who hit 10 early thanks to double exp and start doing warzones to continue leveling faster (while questing.) I did this myself from about 10-14 on my Warrior.

It's really not a big deal. If your team is losing so bad you need to find someone to blame, I suggest there are other problems then someone missing some skills.
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

hallucigenocide's Avatar


hallucigenocide
07.07.2013 , 06:52 PM | #7
i saw a lvl 50 bounty hunter in wz's a couple of times today.. was pretty funky :P

Dacce's Avatar


Dacce
07.07.2013 , 08:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
This guy.... he'll never understand what you are trying to say OP. This is why we need to push education in our schools.
nah not really. the only place where you shouldn't be queueing for warzones is ranked if you dont have an advanced class.

OP was probably on the bottom of the leaderboards and did nothing but complain in text all game that there was a level 11 warrior/knight whatever in the group.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

platinumruggo's Avatar


platinumruggo
07.07.2013 , 10:07 PM | #9
Funny story, I thought flagging myself for PvP would get me to play some pvp. I never saw the damn symbol by the map, mainly because I rarely used it and wandered around for a long time. Then I actually WANTED to start playing video games and noticed it.

Also, once played a few games with a guy who was playing a lowbie IA, wasn't a sniper or scoundrel, just an IA and he was putting up better numbers than most people WITH ac's sooo. Dunno, I kind of understand but then again I don't.
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I guess without the effect and all the sabers flying around it could tough for him to tell which one was his. Wouldn't want to catch the wrong one. My friend lost a EWH saber that way. Caught someone else's Recruit saber and then the other quit and logged out.

XyriusSES's Avatar


XyriusSES
07.08.2013 , 02:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
This guy.... he'll never understand what you are trying to say OP. This is why we need to push education in our schools.
You make me laff, thank you.