Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those of you that didn't believe me when I said snipers would be the new FOTM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To those of you that didn't believe me when I said snipers would be the new FOTM

stupidsyrup
07.05.2013 , 04:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
But you appear to be one of them..........
It looks like he didn't play poorly, meaning he is NOT one of them. I'm sure he had his Sniper before 2.0 just like me.The person who did the worst in that WZ was me, because I guarded.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

chimex
07.05.2013 , 05:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidsyrup View Post
It looks like he didn't play poorly, meaning he is NOT one of them. I'm sure he had his Sniper before 2.0 just like me.The person who did the worst in that WZ was me, because I guarded.
Well, FOTM does not = bad at that class. It means popular for what ever reason (in this case, being viable in PVP). Now yes, to the OP's credit, he has a nice score there. That said, "calling out" a team of 7 snipers when he makes up an equal percentage of that is hypocritical at best. Also, the link in his sig suggests he once played a Sin, rerolling a sniper later in his SWTOR "career"
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

stupidsyrup
07.05.2013 , 05:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
Well, FOTM does not = bad at that class. It means popular for what ever reason (in this case, being viable in PVP). Now yes, to the OP's credit, he has a nice score there. That said, "calling out" a team of 7 snipers when he makes up an equal percentage of that is hypocritical at best. Also, the link in his sig suggests he once played a Sin, rerolling a sniper later in his SWTOR "career"
True, FOTM does not mean bad at that class, but let's be honest, when many people roll the FOTM, they suck.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

MarkXXIV
07.05.2013 , 05:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidsyrup View Post
True, FOTM does not mean bad at that class, but let's be honest, when many people roll the FOTM, they suck.
a lot of good players roll the best pvp class to be that much better. Its smart to play a strong spec, there are probally more good players playing strong specs then ones that aren't very strong because a lot of good players know to take every advantage. The only reason I don't main my sniper is because I like other classes better and fun is more important to me than the strength of the class. Sniper is easymode, its very frustatrating getting lower numbers than a sniper when you know you outplayed them.
Mains: Hesrafow(smash): 55 Se'ziru: 55(mm/lethal)
^Only Dps worth playing,WTB Op Medic The Bastion
Zrarron 54 Sorcerer(scheduled for deletion)
Yudoda 54 Mercenary(perma shelfed) unsubbed/quitted until a fix

NoTomorrow
07.05.2013 , 09:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkXXIV View Post
a lot of good players roll the best pvp class to be that much better. Its smart to play a strong spec, there are probally more good players playing strong specs then ones that aren't very strong because a lot of good players know to take every advantage. The only reason I don't main my sniper is because I like other classes better and fun is more important to me than the strength of the class. Sniper is easymode, its very frustatrating getting lower numbers than a sniper when you know you outplayed them.
Well if you are sitting in snipers' LoS and eating all that damage while doing nothing that's of course easymode for the sniper.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Blasphemerr
07.05.2013 , 11:03 PM | #26
Snipers have always been a FOTM pre-max level PVP: this is not new.
Something pretentious.

JP_Legatus
07.06.2013 , 03:46 AM | #27
I said this way back on the PTS, also said that sins weren't good enough to use for anything and that operatives getting a roll would make them completely op.
Now in 2.0, snipers and operatives are op, sins got a buff that everyone whined about and sins still aren't the greatest dps spec out there after the buff. And in that first month everyone was whining about sins. What are they whining about now? Operatives, because sins were never op after 2.0 and they still aren't, not even definitively the best node guards anymore.

I'm only mildly surprised that more people are whining about operatives than snipers and that smashers aren't as numerous, but that was somewhat predictable due to the new meta game mostly countering smash passively and sniper being a boring class to play, which I didn't take into account.

Anyways tldr if bioware had listened to anyone during the PTS phase we would have good balance right now (except for sins, who would still be getting nerfs because of all the clueless whiners about a class that isn't even op).

Plaje status: having a blast on my new operative, thank you bioware for double xp weekends.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

AlrikFassbauer
07.06.2013 , 04:00 AM | #28
Yesterday evening I saw 5-6 Agents.

Their numbers are definitively increasing. Never saw so many groups of them in any War Zone before 2.0.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)