Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

namesaretough
06.26.2013 , 07:52 AM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by Slitharius View Post
I'm not calling ANYONE a cheater. I'd like that to be very clear.
Sorry, I suppose I misunderstood this part of your initial post.
Quote:
A) These parses are not single 5 minute+ parses but 2 or 3 shorter parses combined in to 1.
B) Both of these parsers have found an exploit in the way SWTOR and/or TORparse upload combat data
It seemed pretty accusatory to me, but if that's not what was intended OK.

Quote:
What i really want is for someone with more knowledge than i have to explain the enormous spikes in dps in those 2 parses. Especially, when they occur well into a parse. And, so you know, i have looked at the logs for both parses extensively. For example, in B'oarder's parse at 141 seconds (1 second before the spike) his dps is 3055.36, making his total damage at that point 430806. Add the damage done at 142s (10880) and recalculate dps and you get 3110.46 at that point. To get a spike from 3055.63 dps to 10,880 dps at that moment he would've had to have done damage totaling 1,114,154 within that 1 second! Do the math numbers don't lie! The same math applies to each spot that i pointed out. Again, I was just looking for an explanation. If your satisfied with taking the total damage and dividing it by the length of the parse and making sure the numbers match that's good enough for me.
I believe the red line is a trend line, not a calculation of total dps. I'm not exactly sure how it's calculated, though. If you cut this parse during this spike, you get
http://www.torparse.com/a/302905/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
At the end of the parse, the red line reads 8754 DPS, while the actual dps reported in the overview is 3213. Given that the parse looks like a continuous log, and the overview seems to consistently report accurate overall numbers, I've never worried about the red line.
Smugglin

MVaglin
06.26.2013 , 09:09 AM | #462
Monzcarro-Mercenary-Arsenal 6/36/4-2865

http://www.torparse.com/a/309101/tim...900/0/Overview

Mostly 72 geared, but still have a few pieces that needs upgrading (like the crafted implant and arkanian boundless ages relic).
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

Sylvane
06.26.2013 , 09:30 AM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
Sorry, I suppose I misunderstood this part of your initial post.

It seemed pretty accusatory to me, but if that's not what was intended OK.

I believe the red line is a trend line, not a calculation of total dps. I'm not exactly sure how it's calculated, though. If you cut this parse during this spike, you get
http://www.torparse.com/a/302905/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
At the end of the parse, the red line reads 8754 DPS, while the actual dps reported in the overview is 3213. Given that the parse looks like a continuous log, and the overview seems to consistently report accurate overall numbers, I've never worried about the red line.
In regards to the red line, all the line means is the dps done in that individual second of the parse. So when the combination of attacks hit in the same second it registers the DPS for that single second of attacks on the red line. The red line is averaged at the end and that is your total dps. So the spikes really mean nothing in the long run other than he may have lagged.
JC
Sylvand-(Mando)<RG> / «ommander(Merc) <COBRA>
Sylvane-(Sorcerer) <COBRA>
Xšmot-(Jugg) <IBG>
Brohawk-(Sentinel)<RG> / Monkťy-(Marauder)<N2G>

vdbswong
06.26.2013 , 10:06 AM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvane View Post
In regards to the red line, all the line means is the dps done in that individual second of the parse. So when the combination of attacks hit in the same second it registers the DPS for that single second of attacks on the red line. The red line is averaged at the end and that is your total dps. So the spikes really mean nothing in the long run other than he may have lagged.
If i'm understanding what you're saying, that simply can't be the case, if it's tracked for each individual second, then what you're getting isn't "dps" but "damage done".... which is already the displayed by the maroon/burgundy line. The DPS line should represent the cumulative total damage dealt up to that second, divided by the number of seconds that have passed.

Examining the parse, i agree with Slith that the way DPS is calculated on TorParse seems to be... something... the 4s lull with no damage dealt seems to reset the DPS calculation (hence why the DPS spike is 10,880 and the Damage Dealt in that second is... 10,880).

/off to go test something - if you use Orbital on CD, that's 45s (in MM/SS)... if you can reset the DPS calc, theoretically if you end your parse 5m15 in (after your 7th Orbital->Ambush-Followthrough), then you should have the massive spike in DPS within the same Combat Log and end on a high.

paowee
06.26.2013 , 10:26 AM | #465
Disregarding the spikes, if you take the total dmg done and divide it by the duration you get the same DPS.

3126 DPS http://www.torparse.com/a/302905/tim...594/0/Overview
1276728 dmg done / 408 seconds = 3126 DPS
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

vdbswong
06.26.2013 , 10:29 AM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Disregarding the spikes, if you take the total dmg done and divide it by the duration you get the same DPS.

3126 DPS http://www.torparse.com/a/302905/tim...594/0/Overview
1276728 dmg done / 408 seconds = 3126 DPS
Yup, realised that halfway through my testing... and noticed that Evrydayimsmggln had pointed it out already.

Regardless of what the "at the time" DPS numbers say in Torparse, the end DPS will be accurate.

paowee
06.26.2013 , 10:34 AM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
Lastly, are people interested in a "Top 5/10" list where an armor debuff is allowed to evaluate the effectiveness of each class in an actual raid situation?
Yes. .....

Falver
06.26.2013 , 10:41 AM | #468
The way to solve the spikes is to apply a dot throughout the fight. When I run the sharpshooter spec, which really is a burst every 3 seconds, these spikes occur. When no damage occurs for too long without actually stopping combat, the parse does that. The final dps is still accurate, however.

Gorband
06.26.2013 , 12:19 PM | #469
Update for Marauder - Annihilation spec.

2994.46 36/8/2
SuckaFish Officer - Empire (The Bastion)
55 MR: Gorband | 55 OP: Kyuubandi | 55 PT: Boltbandi
50 SC: Golband | 50 ST: Kaibandi | 50 CD: Kurama

paowee
06.26.2013 , 01:04 PM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
Stacks such as Rage/Focus or buffs which requires combat are not allowed to be present before the start of the parse.
Sentinel/Marauder
1. Beastfury - Marauder - Carnage 5/36/5 - 3025
Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/238605/tim...229/0/Overview
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
They're saying he pre-stacked rage, not fury.
Quote: Originally Posted by Airwolfe View Post
Ya..I'm under the impression the point of rules here is 'do it as it would be done in a raid encounter' aka no pre-tapping the mob to build buffs up. If you're a carnage marauder/combat sentinel obviously you build fury/centering, but that's about it.
And yes after reviewing Beastfury's listed parse..I'm of the opinion it should be disqualified. That's a full stack of rage off the get-go for sure.