Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

Jorojus
06.06.2013 , 10:46 PM | #161
Found a really nice beginner mmo player video that explains camera rotation, circling, targeting,how to hotkeys (quickbind), mouse and quickbars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0f9Eiulo_M
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

LtBombshell
06.12.2013 , 03:14 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunez View Post
Hey folks, I've been away from the game a long while but now I'm back! I must admit that I'm a bit taken back by all the jerk bags that have commented on this thread for no other reason than to troll some lame out dated comment about how cool they are but then again, this is the internet, lol.

That said, a lot has changed since last I played and much of the original thread is no longer valid. I'm writing to you all that a rehaul is coming and a brand new pvp guide is on the way. Ignore the haters and look out for the next edition of How to Become a Contender coming soon!
Awesome! I look forward to it. Thank you so much.

Anodizer
06.18.2013 , 02:35 AM | #163
this is my first mmo. and it was fun for a bit, then i tryed the pvp part of the game. the first two games of the old republic were good. this one well lets just say its ok.....i did the guld thing and they helped with nothing..........but worst of all, is how pvp players treat u if your not that good........good luck getting more people to play

Axe_Faktor
06.23.2013 , 01:14 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Anodizer View Post
this is my first mmo. and it was fun for a bit, then i tryed the pvp part of the game. the first two games of the old republic were good. this one well lets just say its ok.....i did the guld thing and they helped with nothing..........but worst of all, is how pvp players treat u if your not that good........good luck getting more people to play
Hey, don't give up on it! If the guild you joined isn't doing it for you, go into general chat on the fleet and say something like "LF Guild who can help a new player learn how to PvP better." Ignore the first 5 idiots who respond saying "go home n00b" or whatever nonsense they come out with, and see if any guilds actually respond to you. Someone looking to learn makes for a promising new member. In terms of players trashing you for not being good, that's what the "ignore" feature is for. The majority of players, hey I'll even go further and say the majority of PvPers, are not jerks. It's just a vocal minority who get their kicks from putting others down.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

funkiestj
06.25.2013 , 03:10 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
Hey, don't give up on it! If the guild you joined isn't doing it for you, go into general chat on the fleet and say something like "LF Guild who can help a new player learn how to PvP better." Ignore the first 5 idiots who respond saying "go home n00b" or whatever nonsense they come out with, and see if any guilds actually respond to you.
^
Exactly. Finding the right guild is not easy but when yo do it makes everything more fun and learning faster.

You can hit me up on the Bastion if you are there. We are using teamspeak. If you haven't already, I would download and install the 3 free chat clients that most people use (ventrilo, teamspeak, mumble). For each chat client you can find a public server to test it with.

There are lots of rude people on the internet and a fair number of friendly people. Ignore the former and seek out the later if that is your preference.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

jo_d
06.25.2013 , 06:44 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracosz View Post
I wouldn't consider gear to be the biggest determinant of how someone performs in a WZ. Mechanics (which you sort of brush in the last part of the article with VOIP communication) are the best way to better one's performance in a game, this can range from keybinding to general class knowledge.

Remember friends, knowledge is power
Also, play your level 50 more than an hour a week. I don't want to group with your lev 50 recruit geared jugg, then your level 50 recruit geared sniper, then your level 50 recruit geared sage. Gear a damn toon =P.

BarronWasteland
07.06.2013 , 06:26 PM | #167
I would be a contender if I knew how people plant and defuse bombs in void star while being attacked and AOE's going off everywhere.

I see those people all the time and they seem to take PVP to the next level.
Barron Wasteland
/__R_e_d___D_r_a_g_o_n___P_l_a_t_o_o_n__\

- The most interesting man in the Universe. -

Soulis
07.11.2013 , 12:22 PM | #168
Is the recruit gear still available? I can't seem to find the vendor who sells it.
Meh.

funkiestj
07.11.2013 , 12:58 PM | #169
no recruit gear has been eliminated. Warzone bolster + PvE gear replaces recruit gear.

partizan and conqueror are the current PvP gear sets.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Soulis
07.11.2013 , 01:40 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
no recruit gear has been eliminated. Warzone bolster + PvE gear replaces recruit gear.

partizan and conqueror are the current PvP gear sets.
Thank you for the quick response.

It's a part of the guide that could be updated (if the op is still about)
Meh.