Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

disappointment

akcac
06.17.2013 , 12:10 AM | #1
Bio-wear why did you make this class "commando" it is a constant disappointment. Every time you say you are going to fix it your fixes always fall short of been useful.. i have played this lemon you call a "commando" from launch, and from what i have seen it is crap. i feal like you have cheated me and every one else who has any desire to play in rated wz. or any top tier end game opps. we are like the fat kidds on the playground always the last ones picked and it sucks. so yea thank you for the time and effort you have taken on this class.. you have made the perfect loser.... aka. "commando"

DerTaran
06.17.2013 , 12:18 AM | #2
I'm not playing Ranked War Zones, but I have to say, since 2.0, the commando is doing very nice in standard War Zones. Off cause, if the opposite team is using constantly their interrupts, it can get nasty.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 55 Commando; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 50 Scoundrel; Orokriste 35 Shadow; Annakami 50 Vanguard
Amitha 51 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Macroeconomics
06.17.2013 , 02:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DerTaran View Post
I'm not playing Ranked War Zones, but I have to say, since 2.0, the commando is doing very nice in standard War Zones. Off cause, if the opposite team is using constantly their interrupts, it can get nasty.
For PvP the Commando healer is the worst of the three healing subclasses by far. For PvP, Commando Assault/ Merc Pyro is easily the worst subclass in the entire game.

With two out of the three trees in such a state, I would hardly say that "commando is doing very nice". Gunnery/Arsenal is in the middle of the pack for ranged dps. And then only because Commando Assault/Merc Pyro is at the bottom. Again, this is not good.

Katalyst
06.17.2013 , 02:37 AM | #4
the only kill claimed on DG NiM so far had both a commando healer and a commando DPS in the 8 man comp. well merc since DiLiH is imp side yet they are mirror classes. so the statement that they are not viable is crap. as for ranked WZ the commando burst DPS is one of the best in game so that statement is crap. Commandos are by far in the best place they have ever been and ive seen players being able to get 2.2kHPS in normal WZ let alone ranked using mando/merc. sure not as high as op/sconndrel HPS but they are far sturdier than the other classes, 3 dps can eat **** and die tryna pound away on my mando in PvP and i just out heal them and watch then die as my team mops them up.
mandos are not a disappointment the only disappointment is ur lack to apply urself to the class and rather come here and QQ cause u leveld a toon to 55 and cant 1 shot kill everything and anything u Tab too.

TL/DR L2P
The Red Eclipse
Legacy Level 50
RepublicQuinny 55 Quinnlinn 55 Harley-Quinn 55
ImperialQuinlinn 55Quinnlin

GeckoOBac
06.17.2013 , 05:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Katalyst View Post
the only kill claimed on DG NiM so far had both a commando healer and a commando DPS in the 8 man comp. well merc since DiLiH is imp side yet they are mirror classes. so the statement that they are not viable is crap. as for ranked WZ the commando burst DPS is one of the best in game so that statement is crap. Commandos are by far in the best place they have ever been and ive seen players being able to get 2.2kHPS in normal WZ let alone ranked using mando/merc. sure not as high as op/sconndrel HPS but they are far sturdier than the other classes, 3 dps can eat **** and die tryna pound away on my mando in PvP and i just out heal them and watch then die as my team mops them up.
mandos are not a disappointment the only disappointment is ur lack to apply urself to the class and rather come here and QQ cause u leveld a toon to 55 and cant 1 shot kill everything and anything u Tab too.

TL/DR L2P
Mostly this. Right now, as far as dps goes, the biggest problem with commando is learning to use it correctly and managing ammo in the best way. Doing high dps on some other classes is easier, I'll give you that (what with the sniper rotation being basically foolproof, with no need of real energy management), but the potential for commando is all there, gunnery at least.

Assault could use some help but as you can see from the "Spamcaster" thread, it's quite possible to make it work very nicely.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

XeroVeritas
06.17.2013 , 07:15 AM | #6
I don't PVP much but as far as endgame PVE goes, Commando is king! We run 16 man ops with an average of 5 Commandos for DPS and we absolutely MELT FACES! We don't know how we ended up so Trooper heavy, but we did and we don't regret it. We can really tell the difference when we are down a couple Commandos, as the raids take a lot longer. If this is what the Commando is like in a jacked up state... I can't wait until they "fix" us.
On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!

~Vigo the Carpathian

AMightyKnight
06.17.2013 , 07:23 AM | #7
If Commandos are doimnating DPS your other players do something wrong.
Commando is very solid in PVE but there are better choices. Gunslingers, Sentinels, even Guardians.
Benaiah Abihail Ahdino
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
Equilibrium ~ T3M4 ~ Referral Link ~

GeckoOBac
06.17.2013 , 11:20 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
If Commandos are doimnating DPS your other players do something wrong.
Commando is very solid in PVE but there are better choices. Gunslingers, Sentinels, even Guardians.
It's also quite largely uninfluential. As I said, commando is somewhat harder to get the best out of, but the difference is completely irrelevant for most pve content. And tbh I'm inclined to say for ALL Pve content as, just to cite one example, the first full TFB NiM clear has been done with a merc dps in the team. And to strengthen this, I've killed with my mando the first boss in TFB NiM, with FAR LESS dps than the top parsers on the forums and no, I wasn't being carried.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

AMightyKnight
06.17.2013 , 11:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
It's also quite largely uninfluential. As I said, commando is somewhat harder to get the best out of, but the difference is completely irrelevant for most pve content. And tbh I'm inclined to say for ALL Pve content as, just to cite one example, the first full TFB NiM clear has been done with a merc dps in the team. And to strengthen this, I've killed with my mando the first boss in TFB NiM, with FAR LESS dps than the top parsers on the forums and no, I wasn't being carried.
Obviously you can do everything with a Commando too. Especially everything besides Dread Guards NM. But thats not the point.
If you take Dread Guards NM as the most challenging fight atm, the question needing to be ask is, how many Commando players can come up with the necessarydps compared to players with other, better dps classes?
There will always be less Commandos/Mercs able to do it because to play the class at maximum is harder.

So while i'm quite confident that at least a third if not more of serious Sentinel or Gunslinger raiders can do the required damage, i'm not so sure about the vast majority Commando/Merc players.
Commandos/Mercs which are really good and able close to good Sentinels and Slingers are rare, especially when some movement is required.
Did you look at the parses from SuckaFish? The damage odawagg did with his Merc is magnificent. And while i'm sure there is still more dps possible, look at what the Maras and Sniper did in those fights.

Take two players of equal skill and let them play a Gunslinger and a Commando. The Gunslinger will always do more dps. Commandos dominating your dps? Check gear and player skill, somethings wrong.
Benaiah Abihail Ahdino
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
Equilibrium ~ T3M4 ~ Referral Link ~

ArchangelLBC
06.18.2013 , 07:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
Obviously you can do everything with a Commando too. Especially everything besides Dread Guards NM. But thats not the point.
If you take Dread Guards NM as the most challenging fight atm, the question needing to be ask is, how many Commando players can come up with the necessarydps compared to players with other, better dps classes?
There will always be less Commandos/Mercs able to do it because to play the class at maximum is harder.

So while i'm quite confident that at least a third if not more of serious Sentinel or Gunslinger raiders can do the required damage, i'm not so sure about the vast majority Commando/Merc players.
Commandos/Mercs which are really good and able close to good Sentinels and Slingers are rare, especially when some movement is required.
Did you look at the parses from SuckaFish? The damage odawagg did with his Merc is magnificent. And while i'm sure there is still more dps possible, look at what the Maras and Sniper did in those fights.

Take two players of equal skill and let them play a Gunslinger and a Commando. The Gunslinger will always do more dps. Commandos dominating your dps? Check gear and player skill, somethings wrong.
As far as I know both NiM DG kills have been done with 1 Merc DPS in the group. I know one was pizza, but the other one wasn't. I agree with most else what you said, which makes me kinda sad because I love my commando and hate knowing that it's sorta subpar, and it's gonna be hard to justify bringing her to raids when I finish getting my gunslinger up and geared. Still, I just wanted to comment that yes indeed everything can be done with Commando/Merc DPS. Course you know that too I just wanted to emphasize the point =)

Also, given DiLiH's kill was done with a (no doubt very good) Vengence Jugg, it's not outside the realm of possibility that you could do the fight with 2 Commandos. Also, while it would be ridiculously suboptimal I don't see really why you couldn't do it with 4 very VERY good Commando DPS. Maybe even just pretty good commando DPS. They'd have to really know all the little tricks to upping their DPS of course.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd