Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warrior Class Quest Stalled

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

zenevan
06.16.2013 , 10:41 PM | #1
I just started chapter 3, Servant One and Two told me to go to my ship's holocommunicator and I did.
Now a pureblood stares at me for ten plus minutes before I hit escape.
I restarted the game.
I repaired the game.
I went to fleet, reset the quest and then had to go back and do the Quesh mission again.
I set all my settings to bare minimum.
What else ya got customer service?

zenevan
06.17.2013 , 12:39 AM | #2
come on, just move my quest progress past a conversation, its easy. or did u fire the programmers who wrote it already.... for being inept.

Beesodd
06.17.2013 , 03:31 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello zenevan,

Please try clearing your game's cache by closing the game, navigating to the swtor folder(within the main game folder), and deleting the DiskCacheArena file. Then restart the game and try again.

If it doesn't work, just to test, can you try swapping to Windowed mode and see if the same thing happens?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

zenevan
06.17.2013 , 07:18 AM | #4
did both of those before u said anything.
nothing.

zenevan
06.17.2013 , 07:22 AM | #5
Here's some technical info on my computer if it helps...
Microsoft Windows 8 64 bit
Dual Core E1-1200 Processor
Raedon HD Graphics
4 gig of ram

Beesodd
06.17.2013 , 07:25 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Ok, thank you. Can you try restarting with a clean boot, and minimize all the graphics settings, disabling bloom and so on, and see if the issue persists.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

zenevan
06.17.2013 , 07:27 AM | #7
i'm sorry, did you read my initial post? I did that, there is another thread where you went over this with another warrior and he quit the game. I followed all of those instructions already, please just advance past the conversation for me or something?

Beesodd
06.17.2013 , 07:40 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I did, of course. You didn't mention a Clean Boot, and I wanted to ensure that the "low settings" step was taken at the same time as the Clean Boot. If this step works, it will help in finding the source of the issue, and if you have any other points where similar perma-staring NPCs occur.

Another workaround that's not mentioned is to "spacebar spam" when you get to that bit, to get past the Chiss' trigger point before his perma-silence kicks in.

zenevan
06.17.2013 , 09:45 AM | #9
I did the clean boot, i've also disabled most un-necessary services, frankly i'm stumped, ill get another 4 gig of ram this week, but i'd still prefer to just get bumped past this problem. It's not like i'm gonna be a darth tomorrow, but i would like to progress this character in his class quests asap. I'm highly technical and can handle most problems on my own, but this seems to be something beyond my technical skills and that's saying something. I have a cs degree, so whatever you need me to do beyond upgrading this brand new computer.....

Beesodd
06.18.2013 , 02:17 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again Zenevan,

I can see that this issue is now resolved, and you should be able to move forward on this. I'm sorry that we couldn't find the source of the issue.

Also, here's a transcript of the conversation that occurs at this point (spoilers of course):
Spoiler
Thanks.