Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

keepster
04.07.2012 , 12:08 PM | #461
They have responded i think twice at least once it was just a fluff response though

Holinyx
04.07.2012 , 02:26 PM | #462
lol in beta Slicing was giving 15k a box. they will never change it back to where it was.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

JamieKirby
04.07.2012 , 02:54 PM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by KoenigNord View Post
When I sent my companions on missions with moderate and abundant yield, the is alway a bigger gain in money. Bountiful and rich yields give me more schematics but most time I lose money.

Thats what I have seen so far.

So I'm sending my crew on moderate and abundant and hope they don't fail. But the gain is still very low. I guess it's 5 to 15%.
Slicing on field give a lot, tho! When my friend and me are playing, I have way more credits after a few hours.

Like Scavenging/Bio Analysis/etc it's not worth sending the crew for lockboxes. Better to use these skills while questing.
That is what i have noticed in my slicing missions.

Moderate and Abundant give more profit or more higher chance for profit, while the rich, bountiful and even the special mission prosperious yields are a waste of credits unless you get a ultra mega crit and i mean the GREAT, GREAT, great grandmother of all crits.

I think they nerfed it a bit too much, i don't want to spend 1000cr and get 2000cr back or anything like that, but i want it to not be like spending 1000cr, only to get 400cr back...thats just bad and needs fixing.

Besides, all these credits are good for are repair bills and skill learnings, crafters don't put stuff on the GTN unless its VERY profitable for them, otherwise they just don't bother, from experience, its just near impossible to gear up your character and your companion(s) unless you have a friend that is happy to craft your gear/mods for you or you become a crafter yourself.

Right now, its be a crafter, have a friend that crafts or be a severely screwed player, i don't think bioware thought about this situation much, they assumed players would help their community out, but they failed to think about how lazy and greedy crafters will be, hell they even cried about slicers making more money then them, in the end, it was greed.

DerffyMcGee
04.07.2012 , 05:20 PM | #464
So much QQ in this thread. I make 200k/day running the two top tiers of slicing missions. The lockboxes aren't where you get the money, its selling the crafting missions for 30-50k a piece. I get at least 6 per day.
Snick
<Floppy>

cupofwater
04.08.2012 , 01:08 PM | #465
Wow is this still going on?
If you haven't figured out how slicing makes money now... should probably quit this game.
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

Katarine
04.22.2012 , 05:07 AM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Besides, all these credits are good for are repair bills and skill learnings, crafters don't put stuff on the GTN unless its VERY profitable for them, otherwise they just don't bother, from experience, its just near impossible to gear up your character and your companion(s) unless you have a friend that is happy to craft your gear/mods for you or you become a crafter yourself.

Right now, its be a crafter, have a friend that crafts or be a severely screwed player, i don't think bioware thought about this situation much, they assumed players would help their community out, but they failed to think about how lazy and greedy crafters will be, hell they even cried about slicers making more money then them, in the end, it was greed.
From a personal perspective I have also noted that Slicing 'Missions' are No Longer Profitable.

In fact I would say I'm actually making a loss now.

Open world Slicing is, obviously, still profitable, but I could just as easily gather Crystals/Metals/Plants & sell those on the GTN & probably make more profit. Thus, on a personal note, I would say that today (22nd April 2012) Slicing is simply NOT Profitable & thus a 'Dud' skill.

As for the above quote, my GTN barely has anything on it, except perhaps level 50 stuff. Levelling up the GTN is practically useless. I am on a quite decent population server too. Therefore it is far better & makes more sense to DROP SLICING & pick up something more useful - Armtech, Armormech ... something you can use yourself or perhaps or perhaps make gear for the GTN & make money filling the void.

As for gaining 'missions' from Slicing to sell on GTN, you can do that with ANY mission skill, not just slicing.

As far as I am concerned, Slicing is an embarrassment for BioWare, & they obviously wish they'd never released it. No doubt, in the future, they will remove it from game - they have practically rendered it quite useless now & thus it is only a matter of time before it is removed.

As for gearing up your characters & their Companions, their intention has quite obviously failed, the GTN is 99% level 50 gear & thus they will have to make one of two possible changes.
(1) Reduce the overall difficulty of the game to compensate for poorly geared players or
(2) Remove/renovate the crafting system & put the gear on npc Vendors instead so players can gear up their characters & companions.
The only way at present to gear up whilst Levelling is to create one character for each crafting skill, so you can make your own gear ... this is the route I am taking.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is in danger of becoming an 'End-Game-Centric' game.

Sibonk
04.22.2012 , 05:45 AM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Katarine View Post
From a personal perspective I have also noted that Slicing 'Missions' are No Longer Profitable.

In fact I would say I'm actually making a loss now.

Open world Slicing is, obviously, still profitable, but I could just as easily gather Crystals/Metals/Plants & sell those on the GTN & probably make more profit. Thus, on a personal note, I would say that today (22nd April 2012) Slicing is simply NOT Profitable & thus a 'Dud' skill.
Hello, Katarine!

Just to help bring you up to speed, there has been an update to the issues surrounding Slicing since the release of Game Update 1.2, and work is currently underway to correct them.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.
Hope this helps!

binzer
04.22.2012 , 11:55 AM | #468
I'm glad the premium lockboxes aren't giving the intended number of credits and will be fixed, but I'm most disappointed in the increased drop rate of missions. Unfortunately increasing the drop rate does not simply equal more profit, and the prices of these missions on the GTN have plummeted on my server. Pre-patch an Underworld Trading mission would sell for 40k quickly, and now they're often not selling at 14k.

The thing with those missions is that there is a fixed demand (people only need so many mats from them) so flooding the market is messing with the crafting economy. It seems like missions are no longer going to be premium items at all, which sort of defeats the whole purpose.

I think that Bioware needs to be careful and make sure that Slicing stays lucrative. It should make more money than the other professions because it stands alone and requires that the player sacrifice a more useful skill. Currently I make far more money from selling Bioanalysis mats, and i'm only keeping Slicing because I'm hoping that it will continue to be re-balanced over the next few months.

LordArtemis
06.16.2013 , 11:10 AM | #469
I just wanted to chime in...has it been balanced at all or is there still an issue with missions costing more than they are worth?

Dacce
06.16.2013 , 11:03 PM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I just wanted to chime in...has it been balanced at all or is there still an issue with missions costing more than they are worth?
12 month old Necro :/

Slicing is ok
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada