Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Gathering Skills and Companion Affection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crew Gathering Skills and Companion Affection

Gaedel
06.13.2013 , 09:57 PM | #1
Does Companion Affection affect the rare drop rate of the Crew Gathering skills?

mike_is_valid
06.14.2013 , 12:27 AM | #2
I tend to say yes. Affection gives you a higher efficiency (they return faster) and i believe they do have more crits. Just my gutfeeling, can't proof it.

psandak
06.14.2013 , 10:20 AM | #3
I am assuming you are talking about when a particular grade has two different materials where one is more common than the other...

The higher the quality of the mission the more likely you are to get the rare materials:

moderate missions do not generate rare materials
abundant missions have a small chance to generate rare materials
bountiful mission have a moderate chance to generate rare materials
rich missions have the best chance to generate rare materials

Companion affection affects crit rate (+1% for every 2k affection capping at 5%) - getting more of the materials and/or a chance at purple quality materials

Adric_the_Red
06.14.2013 , 05:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I am assuming you are talking about when a particular grade has two different materials where one is more common than the other...

The higher the quality of the mission the more likely you are to get the rare materials:

moderate missions do not generate rare materials
abundant missions have a small chance to generate rare materials
bountiful mission have a moderate chance to generate rare materials
rich missions have the best chance to generate rare materials

Companion affection affects crit rate (+1% for every 2k affection capping at 5%) - getting more of the materials and/or a chance at purple quality materials
Crit rate only affects whether they get "rare" mats. Efficiency affects how much material they collect. But higher affection increases both.

Gaedel
06.15.2013 , 11:58 AM | #5
Sweet! Thank you all! I guess I'm going for companion gifts for a while.

I really appreciate the information!

caronome
06.16.2013 , 12:45 AM | #6

Grayseven
06.16.2013 , 07:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Crit rate only affects whether they get "rare" mats. Efficiency affects how much material they collect. But higher affection increases both.
I thought Efficiency only cut down the amount of time a particular mission takes and that critical mission successes increased the amount of basic mats and gave rare mats if the mission is of the appropriate level.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

psandak
06.18.2013 , 11:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
I thought Efficiency only cut down the amount of time a particular mission takes and that critical mission successes increased the amount of basic mats and gave rare mats if the mission is of the appropriate level.
Me too