Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armstech] Any point in learning Schematics? (all crafts really)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armstech] Any point in learning Schematics? (all crafts really)

Looniper
06.15.2013 , 08:38 PM | #1
I've been noticing recently, that there really doesn't seem to be any point in making the Vendor-schematic items, nor their advanced versions outside Barrels and Augments.

At first I thought the expense of getting mods, enhances etc for the custom gear would make the base crafted ones preferable - but the rarity of materials for the Advanced versions (and proportionate cost on the GTN) makes it actually Cheaper to make up a set of modifications for the weapon I got around lvl 9 than to Make one with similar (still lower) stats.

So to put it simply... Is there Any reason to learn schematics Other than the custom items and the mods/augs to fit them?

psandak
06.18.2013 , 11:27 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Looniper View Post
So to put it simply... Is there Any reason to learn schematics Other than the custom items and the mods/augs to fit them?
At the level cap...No. Custom shells plus the item modifications to fill them (including augments) are all anyone really wants.

Anything below the level cap...Maybe. There are a lot of players who only play solo content. For them, finding custom shells is hard (outside of buying them of the CM). Also if high enough quality and "correct" stat distribution, purple quality stuff at lower levels will surpass custom gear and planet comm item modifications...for short periods.

SweetsPatogga
06.18.2013 , 02:41 PM | #3
I second this. For Armstech endgame most stuff doesn't sell and the basic comms schematics are bugged as bind on pickup so you couldn't sell those even if you wanted to.

Basically endgame is barrels, augments (mostly Overkill the Power augment) and then MK-9 kits that sell. Orange gear to a lesser extent but I have a hard time moving even that lately no matter how low I go.

I've had some moderate luck selling low to mid level items as far crafted weapons go. Those items are slower to sell though, but there also is less competition there.

Lower level augments sell reasonably well for me too but you do have to buy the schematics for them first which may cost you a little bit on the gtn since you can't get those from the crafting npc only from Slicing randomly or else the GTN.