Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sub cancelled by website and can't buy a new one

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sub cancelled by website and can't buy a new one

Adric_the_Red
06.14.2013 , 06:44 PM | #1
So a while back my bank cancelled my credit card because of an "issue" with an unidentified merchant, and gave me a new card. (OT: I wish they would tell you the merchant involved when this happens, then maybe I could decide I don't want to do business with them if they are going to keep compromising my card). Recently it occurred to me I needed to put the new card into My Account, so my sub would continue uninterrupted when renewal time came around.

Unfortunately, I seem to have done things in the wrong order, because even though my info is all present, I seem to be well on the way to losing my subscriber status. The subscription page in My Account says I have 28 days of subscribed time remaining, but it won't let me renew my sub. The button under the 180 day plan says I am "subscribed", and clicking on it (to buy a new sub before my current one expires) does nothing. But the "payment history" link says my sub is cancelled, and there is no "pending" transaction for my "recurring" sub to, well, recur. Stranger yet, the payment history page also says my sub will not end till January 2014.

Just to make it clear, I deleted an invalid payment method (a card that my bank cancelled) from my account and added a valid one. I did not "cancel" my subscription. At no time during the process did I receive a notice that what I was doling would cancel my sub, much make it impossible to renew it.

What gives? Do I need toi spend half a day on the phone with CS to fix this and ensure my subscription will not lapse?

Rankyn
06.14.2013 , 07:14 PM | #2
My guess is (and this is just a guess) that removing the old card with no other payment sources automatically put your subscription into cancelled status.
Once your subscription expires, it'll probably be as simple as clicking the subscribe button again.

Is it possible to click one of the other subscription options?

Just be sure you don't log in any characters when it dumps you to preferred status so you don't have to go through the hassle of resetting everything it takes away from you.

Something else you might try: Scroll all the way down to the cancel button and force a cancellation to see if that lights up the resub button for you.

Adric_the_Red
06.14.2013 , 07:17 PM | #3
Yeah, I'mthinking I might have to wait it out. Just have to mark my calendar so I don't forget and log in preferred after my sub dies. I can click the other sub options, but I'd rather continue with the 180 days, both for the lower cost per month, and the extra "free" Cartel Coins.

I'll try the cancel thing, and see if that does anything. I doubt my sub can be more "cancelled" than it already is.

*edit
Hmmm... so at the bottom of the page, it says, "if you wish to choose the free to play option you can <link to cancel page>" But the cancellation page says something about when my current sub runs out I won't have access to the game until I buy a new sub. (I think someone forgot to change that after the Free to Play launch). So I don't think that will help any. It seems to be set up so the cancellation locks you out of your current sub option until the sub expires.

Rankyn
06.14.2013 , 07:49 PM | #4
Since you've still got time on your sub, you could probably just submit a ticket and see what they say.