Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can I disable one time password?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How can I disable one time password?

darth_solarfall
04.17.2013 , 01:47 AM | #11
Physical key, one-time password mails, security phone app, seriously, what will be next? Face recognition with webcam (Shaved? Write to Support to send you a re-recognize e-mail!), fingerprinting, analyzing my urine sample to play a [CENSORED] game?

drug_cartel
04.17.2013 , 02:53 AM | #12
I agree. The level of security in this game is just a cumbersome number of hoops to jump through. Seriously, I had my WoW account hyjacked once and I still don't feel the need to have this high of security. This needs to be an account setting.

Isamashii
06.14.2013 , 05:03 PM | #13
Best way is to check country of IP.
This will solve most of the problems for dynamic IP's, cause they all mostly located in same country.
"Force be with you. Always." (c) Obi-Wan Kenobi

OwenBrooks
06.14.2013 , 07:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_solarfall View Post
Physical key, one-time password mails, security phone app, seriously, what will be next? Face recognition with webcam (Shaved? Write to Support to send you a re-recognize e-mail!), fingerprinting, analyzing my urine sample to play a [CENSORED] game?
You should make these suggestion in the suggestion box forum http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 you have some great ideas there

obogz
06.21.2013 , 12:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_solarfall View Post
Thanks for the info, really, but:
2) It is incompatible with my SGS which is ridiculous
that one is for america or something here is the europe one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...RPUlNLX3JvdyJd

Tezeretz
06.21.2013 , 05:45 PM | #16
Someone posted this as a reply to my OTP issues.
If my gf and I cant get into the game in the next hour or two tops. i'm doing this.
(we've been waiting for 3 hours so far)

-----------------------------
posted by another user

If you're tired of being repeatedly screwed out of the product you paid for, this is how you can get your money back as well as bring proper attention to the issue:

0. As said by Bioware staff: "If you would like to cancel your SWTOR account or request a refund, please do so through your account page or by contacting customer support."

Try that. If you're not getting results, read on.

1. Log on to www.paypal.com

2. Open your last transaction made to SWTOR (you can find this in your transaction logs, click on Details)

3. Scroll to the bottom of said transaction receipt and there will be an option called "Report a problem". Click it.

4. Select "Item Dispute" and click "Continue"

5. On this page you will be asked to provide details on why you are opening a dispute. Mark the options where it says you have not received the product, and/or the product is

different from what the seller claimed it to be. Detail it however you want in the text box after that (I recommend you be as specific as possible) Then, at the very bottom, it will ask

you if you want a refund, and of course you do. Write the sum down then click continue until you receive the confirmation for opening a dispute.

6. Congratulations, you have opened a dispute with the SWTOR payment service. I recommend waiting a few days. If you don't receive your money back or any word from them,

you have the option to escalate this to a PayPal claim and let them sort it out. This all shouldn't take more than a few days.

If you follow this guide, in the end, you have a fair chance of getting your money back, but remember, it's not about money, it's about sending a message.

Have a great day, and don't forget to pass this on.

BlackBolt
10.08.2013 , 11:50 AM | #17
Any update towards having the OPTION of REMOVING OTP? It's extremely irritating.

chuchitoeldurako
01.23.2014 , 08:14 PM | #18
is there some way that i can switch off the one time password request? im starting to get mad about it

genpion
01.24.2014 , 11:48 AM | #19
The one-time password is completely annoying and useless.
My brother is waiting for 3 days to be able to login because he does not receive the password.
I wonder if the account is hacked.

What is the fastest and cheapest way to have EA handle this problem ?
We are european players.
Thanks in advance for any useful reply.

Bstr
01.24.2014 , 12:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by chuchitoeldurako View Post
is there some way that i can switch off the one time password request? im starting to get mad about it
Get a Security Key. Free for subs on their phones or you can buy the $5 physical one. It gives you access to a special vendor and 100 CC per month.

Quote: Originally Posted by genpion View Post
The one-time password is completely annoying and useless.
My brother is waiting for 3 days to be able to login because he does not receive the password.
I wonder if the account is hacked.

What is the fastest and cheapest way to have EA handle this problem ?
We are european players.
Thanks in advance for any useful reply.
Make sure you are checking the right email: you might have set up the account with an older email. Check that the email is not going to spam: GMail and other emails like to classify this as "Spam."

You can call their Accounts and Billing to see if you can get on your account if you cannot get the email.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server