Arkanian relics bop??

Abarya

But in the case of a relic that is NO bonus of any use whatsoever.

What in the world would you do with a BOP relic for the same relic you just re'd?

Companions cannot use them, you canot ship via legacy. There would be NO point to learning a schematic.

Surely this would be a bug

Most if not all ark gear crafted are Bound on Pickup. basically a bonus to person choosing that skill.

What would be the bonus ? If you got the relic (drop or bought from vendor) what's the point of REing/learning/crafting BoP ? You can only craft one. But you already had one. Pointless trying to get a schematic .

Now, ff those relics were given by the trainer, well, that could be a bonus....

• 1 month later...
Whoever was in charge of crafting for this expansion needs to be fired and/or thrown into a sarlac. What the heck is the point in making a RE'd relic schematic BOP? If I am trying the RE it, that means I already have one and could get no use out of a second one.

Whoever was in charge of crafting for this expansion needs to be fired and/or thrown into a sarlac. What the heck is the point in making a RE'd relic schematic BOP? If I am trying the RE it, that means I already have one and could get no use out of a second one.

That's a little harsh, don't you think. The High School intern who is the crafting department is doing her best and is just trying to get some course credits and a little experience.

Seeing as none of the same relics stack, this is utterly worthless, beyond any belief. I was considering trying to RE these on certain toons, thank you for saving me the trouble.

In a somewhat related note, a guilde of mine tried to RE a Dreadguard relic, only for the success sound to be heard, , though with a message saying that he couldn't learn the schematic. Can anyone confirm whether or not you can actually learn a DG relic since they reverted the stats on these in the 2.1ish patch? I can a number (thousands) of classic comms/unasembled gear to trade in for comms and would like to try learning some of these (besides the one I already have), though if they're as broken as the Arkanian ones, I won't bother.

Seeing as none of the same relics stack, this is utterly worthless, beyond any belief. I was considering trying to RE these on certain toons, thank you for saving me the trouble.

In a somewhat related note, a guilde of mine tried to RE a Dreadguard relic, only for the success sound to be heard, , though with a message saying that he couldn't learn the schematic. Can anyone confirm whether or not you can actually learn a DG relic since they reverted the stats on these in the 2.1ish patch? I can a number (thousands) of classic comms/unasembled gear to trade in for comms and would like to try learning some of these (besides the one I already have), though if they're as broken as the Arkanian ones, I won't bother.

Same exact thing happaned to me 3 times. Each time Cust Service would replace the relic and tell me its a bug. ON the third occurance ( when I did a "success " and got that message" they told me they could no longer replce them if it happaned again.

Sooo...I would say yes a definite bug and no its not fixed. Frustrating.

Just confirmed.. that the arkanian/underworld relics are indeed BOUND upon crafting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/ashaaleyxd/Screenshot_2013-06-12_16_33_54_889336_zps7df25f0e.jpg

Wow.

This is pretty pointless. Destroying a BoP relic, to have a chance to be able to make the very same BoP relic, with abilities that don't stack if you put two of them on.

I was hoping this was an oversight that would be corrected in 2.2.

I can confirm this too. Since the announcement that we will be able to RE relics, we collected underworld relic tokens, so we could build the assault relic faster for the whole group. (Easy calculation: 14 player or more need it, chance of 1:5 to learn it). Our Artificer learnt it on second try (yay!)

Bad luck, its BoP, which seem pretty unlogical. Why would anyone redeem the token to get a relic and reverse engeneer it (he needs probably 5 of them), to learn the schematic. Then he can once(!) craft the relic again, spending a massive amount of credits, to get the relic, where he just had about 5 destroyed ... ?

• Dev Post

Hello there Crafters!

Thanks very much for your reports! I have an update with regards to these bugs and would also like your help confirming the behavior of one of them on your end:

First, Arkanian and Underworld Relics should not be Bind on Pickup. This is definitely a bug, and we've fixed them to be Bind on Equip for Game Update 2.2.1.

Secondly, for the issue where Reverse Engineering Underworld Relics gives an error message and does not provide materials, we are finding in internal testing that the schematics are still learned upon successful attempts, and a success message is still given. If you're a player that has experienced this bug along with a successful schematic message, will you please post to tell us whether or not you're learning the schematic?

We appreciate any assistance you can provide with the question above.

:ph_cheers:

Edited by AmberGreen
Clarifing question! :)

Hello there Crafters!

Thanks very much for your reports! I have an update with regards to these bugs and would also like your help confirming the behavior of one of them on your end:

First, Arkanian and Underworld Relics should not be Bind on Pickup. This is definitely a bug, and we've fixed them to be Bind on Equip for Game Update 2.2.1.

Secondly, for the issue where Reverse Engineering Underworld Relics gives an error message and does not provide materials upon a successful attempt, we are finding in internal testing that the appropriate schematic is still learned. If you're a player that has experienced this bug, will you please post to tell us whether or not you're learning the schematic?

I've had this RE error issue with Dread Guard relics and have not learned the schematics. I assume it would be the same. I have seen some people encounter the issue and still learn the DG schem though.

Edited by Telanis

• Dev Post
I've had this RE error issue with Dread Guard relics and have not learned the schematics. I assume it would be the same. I have seen some people encounter the issue and still learn the DG schem though.

Unfortunately, the error bug occurs when Reverse Engineering Dread Guard Relics, period. My question above is regarding instances you get the error but also get the message that you've successfully learned a Schematic. We want to be sure that when you're told you learn a new Schematic, that you actually do! I've edited my message above to better relay that. Sorry for being unclear!

Edited by AmberGreen

Hello there Crafters!

It's great these are finally being fixed but there have been multiple threads and bug reports on these and it has taken 1 1/2 months to get any kind of reply on this? This is something that should have been fixed a month ago.

Hello there Crafters!

Secondly, for the issue where Reverse Engineering Underworld Relics gives an error message and does not provide materials, we are finding in internal testing that the schematics are still learned upon successful attempts, and a success message is still given. If you're a player that has experienced this bug along with a successful schematic message, will you please post to tell us whether or not you're learning the schematic?

Also, i had the dread guard issue yesterday, re-ed the item, got the success sound but only recieved red text. Luckily,another customer service agent replaced the relic and i RE-ed it again. Here is the video of the error.

Unfortunately, the error bug occurs when Reverse Engineering Dread Guard Relics, period. My question above is regarding instances you get the error but also get the message that you've successfully learned a Schematic. We want to be sure that when you're told you learn a new Schematic, that you actually do! I've edited my message above to better relay that. Sorry for being unclear!

Understood, thanks for clarifying!

Maybe I should make another thread for this, but is it intended that schems cannot be learned (No Research Available) from Arkanian relics sold by the vendor? (Not sure if it's true for Underworld as well.) DG/Campaign relics could always be learnt from the vendor versions.

• 6 months later...
Hello there Crafters!

Double post. Sorry.

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Hello there Crafters!

Maybe all crafted items would not be BoP. That would be great for crafters.