Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to mod a colour crystal?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How to mod a colour crystal?

ForOdinForAsgard
06.13.2013 , 02:22 AM | #1
My red crystal has +6 power in it right now. How did that get there? I have a green one I would like to use. How do I put stats in it?

swtonewbie
06.13.2013 , 02:44 AM | #2
Go to the GTN/Galactic Trade Network (known as the Auction House in other games) and do a search. You can set filters for Item Modification, Color Crystal and i think even Power to narrow it down. If nothing shows up then reset the search and then just set the filter to Item Modification and Color Crystal.
I'm not really a noob...

Anvillian
06.13.2013 , 03:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ForOdinForAsgard View Post
My red crystal has +6 power in it right now. How did that get there? I have a green one I would like to use. How do I put stats in it?
Hey, basically, you just do CTRL + Right Click on the weapon you have. This will open up a Modify window. Then you simply place the green color crystal in the "Color crystal" slot. Hit Apply. and There you go.

Thanks scarenightly for pointing it out.
The Anvil Legacy
Anvilwar - Sith Juggernaut - Immortal
The Bastion

DarthSpekulatius
06.13.2013 , 03:32 AM | #4
youl need a up to date green crystal to replace the other one
from the gtn
let someone with Artifice craft one
buy a weapon with one in it
they don't "grow" once you outlevel them all you can do is get a legacy weapon and mail them to your next char.

scarenightly
06.13.2013 , 06:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Anvillian View Post
Hey, basically, you just do CTRL + Left Click on the weapon you have. This will open up a Modify window. Then you simply place the green color crystal in the "Color crystal" slot. Hit Apply. and There you go.
you mean CTRL + Right click to open the modify screen, CTRL + Left click will opens the preview window

Deathstalker_
06.13.2013 , 07:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ForOdinForAsgard View Post

Gear that can take mods often comes with those mod slots filled. It's likely that the weapon you are using came with the +6 Power Crystal. I don't know if stats can be added to an existing crystal, or if you have to get one with the stats you want. However, to modify an item, all you need to do is hover your mouse over an item, hold CTRL, and Right Click your mouse. This will bring up the Field Modification interface. Right Click on the existing Color Crystal to remove it, then drag the new Crystal into that slot. Click 'Apply', and you're done. There is no need whatsoever to use the GTN to perform a simple Field Modification. The GTN can be ised to get materials for modification, but it's not involved in the actual modification process itself.

Adric_the_Red
06.13.2013 , 10:33 AM | #7
You can't change the stats of the modifications themselves. If you want your crystal (or any other midification) to have different stats, you have to replace it with a new one with the stats you want..

In most cases, pulling modifications out before replacing them is a waste of credits, as the cost to remove the modification is greater than what a vendor will pay you for it. If you want to be sure, do this:
Right click the vendor to open the buy/sell window.
Ctrl+Right click the item you want to pull the mod from.
Click the mod you want to pull and drag it to your inventory.
The confirmation window will tell you how much it will cost to remove the mod.
Mouse over the mod icon in the confirmation, and the tooltip will show how much the vendor will pay you for it.
Click Accept or Decline in the confirmation window, as appropriate.