Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Player Housing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Catharde
06.12.2013 , 07:46 PM | #1
I want it. It was great in SWG and I miss it. It allows you to fully immerse in the game, creating homes and cities on planets in areas of your choice. I remember people spending HOURS decorating the inside of their homes. Finding towns in the middle of nowhere and trying to raid them....gooooood times. I guess I am just curious as to how many others have it at the top of their wish list. Or if people even remember it.

Think about it Bioware...think about all the housing related crap you could sell on the cartel market.....yesssss.

Darth_Moonshadow
06.12.2013 , 07:47 PM | #2
You're getting ship housing.

*waves hand*

You will deal with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

dorpen
06.12.2013 , 07:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post

*waves hand*

You will deal with it.
I hate my ship.

Sir-steve
06.12.2013 , 07:53 PM | #4
I have over a dozen chairs in my ship and can only sit in one, I have tons of items but can only put them in a box, I have half a dozen companions but they wont talk to me after their quest line and just stand there......ship housing sucks.

Darth_Moonshadow
06.12.2013 , 07:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dorpen View Post
I hate my ship.
*looks at hand*

Damn, I need to get this thing tuned. Ah well, plan B.

*cracks you upside the skull with a baseball bat*

Wait a minute....this isn't my mind control ray.

*wipes bat handle and leaves it beside the body before exiting thread*

B

Catharde
06.12.2013 , 07:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post

*waves hand*

You will deal with it.
Yea, this might be good enough.

I remember this from SWG too, and it was smexy....still, WE NEEDS A VILLA!!

And I haven't seen anything in the patch notes, have they confirmed or given a patch # on when ship housing may happen?

Darth_Moonshadow
06.12.2013 , 07:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Catharde View Post
Yea, this might be good enough.

I remember this from SWG too, and it was smexy....still, WE NEEDS A VILLA!!

And I haven't seen anything in the patch notes, have they confirmed or given a patch # on when ship housing may happen?
It's on the wall of crazy at the moment. But they stated the Makeb development is going to be all about Quality of Life stuff, so maybe Ship Housing is under that umbrella. We shall see.

B

hippiechick
06.12.2013 , 09:57 PM | #8
There should be customization for the ships yes but no other housing imo. It would be great if I could move the stuff around that is in it and get other cooler stuff to add to /replace it tho.

M
If at first you don't succeed...
then skydiving isn't for you.

Malastare
06.12.2013 , 10:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Catharde View Post
I want it. It was great in SWG and I miss it. It allows you to fully immerse in the game, creating homes and cities on planets in areas of your choice. I remember people spending HOURS decorating the inside of their homes. Finding towns in the middle of nowhere and trying to raid them....gooooood times. I guess I am just curious as to how many others have it at the top of their wish list.
Sorry, it's on my list of things I actively oppose.

Nonsensical "towns" in the middle of planets? No thanks. I'm on a quest. My home is my ship. I don't have time to build a summer home on Balmorra or an apartment on Corellia. I understand the desire, but it doesn't make sense with the setting or the story and the idea of ignoring both of those for the justification of "But SWG had it" only makes it more annoying to me.

You have a home. It's your ship. Decorate that. Show that off. Don't give people the ability to clutter planets with even more immersion-breaking crap.

Ravenpsix
06.12.2013 , 11:56 PM | #10
Agreed, no hausing needed actualy. It won't fit well with how things are now. Besides, this theme was up about a year ago and I really don't think BW position changed about it
''There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power. I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.''