Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Halinmonk
05.27.2013 , 10:46 PM | #1451
I am still sad about the lack of Companion SGR.

MSpectre
05.29.2013 , 11:39 PM | #1452
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I DO want SGRA's with current Companions, but I also think that they should be backwards compatible (that is, available to those of us who have played the gosh darn game since release and have actually got the 10k Affection and Level 50/55 characters) and hopefully, the introduction of that compatibility is causing the problems and not the act of scripting and recording.

Because if scripting and recording is the problem, this game can kiss story lines goodbye.
^ I'm pretty sure most of us want it to be this way.

I sure as heck am not restarting to romance a lesbian Jaesa.

Euphrosyne
05.30.2013 , 12:04 AM | #1453
Quote: Originally Posted by MSpectre View Post
^ I'm pretty sure most of us want it to be this way.

I sure as heck am not restarting to romance a lesbian Jaesa.
Out of fear that exactly this would happen, one of my Warriors is sitting pretty much idle right before Quesh, having had a grand total of one conversation with Jaesa.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Tatile
05.30.2013 , 02:14 AM | #1454
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Out of fear that exactly this would happen, one of my Warriors is sitting pretty much idle right before Quesh, having had a grand total of one conversation with Jaesa.
And then you end up with the situation that the alignment you didn't choose is the one that gets SGRA

Euphrosyne
05.30.2013 , 01:28 PM | #1455
And then you end up with the situation that the alignment you didn't choose is the one that gets SGRA
That's what fanfic is for.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Tatile
05.30.2013 , 01:30 PM | #1456
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
That's what fanfic is for.
It shouldn't have to be that way

And pretty much everything on this board is straight, anyway. Off the top of my head, the only one with in-game companions is a WarriorxQuinn pairing, but that be men.

SithKoriandr
05.30.2013 , 02:31 PM | #1457
It shouldn't have to be that way

And pretty much everything on this board is straight, anyway. Off the top of my head, the only one with in-game companions is a WarriorxQuinn pairing, but that be men.
Write up your own! Be the first!

What's the difference between fan-fic and ingame? Cutscenes. It's actually kind of funny that people can go about pretending their Sith is really a Jedi or a Jedi is really a Sith (since we don't get to play on whatever fraction side we want), but the idea of pretending a romance with a companion is just way out there.

Pretend you're the only Emperor's Wrath in the whole galaxy? Easy! Pretend your Emperor's Wrath chose a SGR? Impossible!

Mind you, I'm not saying they shouldn't make these possible, but it's odd on what people seem to beable to accept.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Kaenna
05.30.2013 , 03:22 PM | #1458
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Write up your own! Be the first!

What's the difference between fan-fic and ingame? Cutscenes. It's actually kind of funny that people can go about pretending their Sith is really a Jedi or a Jedi is really a Sith (since we don't get to play on whatever fraction side we want), but the idea of pretending a romance with a companion is just way out there.

Pretend you're the only Emperor's Wrath in the whole galaxy? Easy! Pretend your Emperor's Wrath chose a SGR? Impossible!

Mind you, I'm not saying they shouldn't make these possible, but it's odd on what people seem to beable to accept.
Writing your own fan-fic and ingame stories... Actually an interesting idea for those of us who do and like to actually RP. After all isn't this an MMORPG? I hadn't thought of that one and it feel it should have been obvious.

But, I was reading some of the other posts on having characters sitting around gathering dust while we wait for SGRs. Yea, I have a couple too... While we wait, discuss, wonder what is taking so long, and worry about them ever making it into the game.

If the only way to finally get this into the game is to reset our conversations with the romance option NPCs. Not the affection mind, just the conversations and maybe the missions with that NPC. I could live with that and just redo the conversations.

Though I imagine not everyone would be willing to go that far...
"When you risk pain or death for another, there is no truer test of
your beliefs and strength."
- Brianna

Tatile
05.30.2013 , 03:36 PM | #1459
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaenna View Post

If the only way to finally get this into the game is to reset our conversations with the romance option NPCs. Not the affection mind, just the conversations and maybe the missions with that NPC. I could live with that and just redo the conversations.

Though I imagine not everyone would be willing to go that far...
*fist bump* I would totally do that.

Also, I don't write in-game characters. I write my character...s, which are based on my in-game characters, but Rochester isn't Cipher Nine and Zdinne isn't the leader of Havoc Squad.

I don't really know if I want to ship Zdinne with Stion'n now :/

stuffystuffs
05.30.2013 , 04:03 PM | #1460
That's interesting (and I find it odd) considering that other BW games with SGR content have lots of either m/m or f/f fan fic devoted to various pairings (mainly PC plus romanceable companion).

It's as if the lack of 'in game validation' for a pairing (FemWarrior/Jaesa for example) deters people from writing fan fic for them.

I know I used to look for pretty much any SWTOR fanfic with an f/f pairing (any PC/companion) and didn't really find anything...gave up.